Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Get Mods To Work For Ptw!??!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Get Mods To Work For Ptw!??!?

I CANT GET IT TO WORK!?!??

all the modswapers things ive used dont work

Comment

Well, for starters, don't use modswappers, they aren't needed in PTW and will probably mess you up.

To play any of the mods included just choose 'Load Scenario' and select the mod to play. That's it.

To include your own or downloaded mods the first thing you have to do is make sure that they are in the PTW Scenarios directory or they won't be found.

Unlike Civ3, modswapping is not needed at all in PTW. No PTW mods should ever overwrite the original Civ3 or PTW files. Ever. If you've previously done this (or used a modswapper that did this) undo it now, you should start with a virgin set of files or you may run into conflicts.

How does it do this? PTW lets you build parallel directories for each mod's custom art and other resources. In the mods you can specify which directories to use in the game.

That should get you started.
      Seemingly Benign
      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

ok i want to ply comes with unit.zip, if i try it without units it says im missing files, if i use units .zip and extart tot the folder it messes up the game and i m,ust reinstall civ3

Comment

Where is it installing the files? Was this a civ3 mod (I'm assuming it was)? If so, it may need minor changes so that it doesn't over-write PTW files.

Most likely it can be fixed with an entry in the Scenario Search Folders section of the editor and a few entries in the pediaicons.txt file.
          Seemingly Benign
          Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

yeah it says whatever missing in pediaicons.txt, it was the ww2 one

Comment

so what do i add, and where do i get it?

Comment

I had a problem with a scenario missing stuff in the pediaicons.txt. It was missing some of the aniname lines that you have to write in for each unit. It is sort of hard to explain, so tell me what mod it is and I may be able to help you out more.

Comment

its a ww2 one i dont know which one but here it is... its attached
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mazzz
                    yeah it says whatever missing in pediaicons.txt, it was the ww2 one
                    You probably need to add a couple of lines to PediaIcons.txt. Take a look at that file where it starts listing some entries like this:

#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Settler
                    Settler

Then enter in a couple of lines that correspond to the units used in the WWWII mod. The PRTO bit corresponds to the box in the unit screen of the editor that reads "Civilopedia Entry, like I've shown in the screen shot. The second line points to the folder where the graphics etc. are kept.
                    Attached Files

Comment

This is an Civ3 scenario and not a Civ3 PTW scenario. I know more about the PTW scenarios, the Civ3 ones will overwrite Civ3 files. If you look at the readme it says you need to download the units.zip file and extract it into the civilization III/arts/ folder. This could be part of your problem but before you start overwritten stuff I recommend you back it up.

Comment

thanks ill try it

Comment

which one? by defult ptw has two, regulaer and civptw one?

Comment

im mean peadioicions.txt

Comment

Civ3PTW

Comment

Working...
                              X