Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moo2 over a LAN ... help!

Hey.

I cannot get Master of Orion 2 to work over my local area network. We tried last night with 3 computers hooked up to a single router, with no luck ... the joining players can never see any games available for joining. Tonight we tried again with no luck, and verified that IPX protocol was working properly by playing both Doom2 and Shadow Warrior over the LAN.

Last night, two systems were Win98se and one was Win2k. Regardless of who hosted, nothing worked.

Tonight, both system were Win98se. Also, we used no router, but used just a crossover cable between the two pc's.

We can play any other games we wish... but not MOO2. Why??

Thanks..
    GS

Go to The Kali Leauge and look at the setup. If found this site from GoneGOld.com and Gold guide then select Mo2 and find the links for fan sites.

Comment

Hmm, alright, next time we attempt this we'll set up the DOS .exe's to work with Windows and we'll try it that way. I don't know why it would make a difference, unless there is just some sort of weird bug with the Windows version of the .exe that prevents network play (which would be quite ironic).

I'll try that next time, and let you know how it turns out. Thanks!

Comment

IPX/SPX.
        Install the protocol.

Comment

yeah i struggled with it too.

i just checked with kali.net and it appears that you can use kali but only in dos mode.

does anybody know why it just doesn't want to work with win98?

Comment

I understand it has some bugs and will crash/freeze in Windows.

Comment

I have played it successfully with Win 98 on LAN. Did you set the name of the game when you created it? All that I can remember is that it should become visible on the other machines with its name ....
              Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

yeah we tried that too, it didn't.

the only reason i can think of is that is needs a real LAN, not a router.

Comment

That should not be the problem ... why the crossover cable did not worked then? I have played it with such cable and two PCs. BTW are your PCs configured to be in the same workgroup?
                  Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Working...
                  X