Col: Windows version Map Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Col: Windows version Map Editor

I did some looking and it seems that the map editor is included in the DOS upgrade of the game but not the Windows version.

I can use the DOS editor, but can't play the DOS version (I get some exit 25 error or something like that)

So my question! Is there a Windows version of the Map Editor?

I did a search, but the links that I found were outdated.

there's a map editor! i don't think i've ever used it before.

/me goes to find his copy of Col and the map editor too

Comment

For the DOS version you need to go the the infogrames website to download the patch. The map editor is included in the patch..

For the Windows version????? I'm still looking! Someone help

Comment

Originally posted by awckie
        For the DOS version you need to go the the infogrames website to download the patch. The map editor is included in the patch..

I looked at the Infogrames site, but couldn't find any mention of colonization at all. Though this here italian site contains three patches. The DOS one works fine for me. I don't know about the windows one, though.
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

I found a windows map editor on a website once, not sure if the site's still up. I'll check my bookmarks on the old computer, see if its there.
          A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

Nope, dead link. Damn.

Comment

Thanks for looking Bob! Hopefully I can find an active link someday!

Comment

Originally posted by awckie

Infogrammes still support the game?
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Ah, I go it! Find the Colonization 3.0 patch, dl it, and unzip it into a new folder in your Colwin directory. You can use the Dos map editor to make maps. To use the maps, rename the AMER2.mp file in your colwin folder to something else, and name the map you want to use to AMER2.mp. Then start a new game in America, and it should use your map.

Comment

Working...
                  X