• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Reading File??? INI Error

I am getting an error that says...

Load Error

ERROR READING FILE

".Art\Units\Numidian Mercenary\Numidian Mercenary.INI"

Any idea what could be causing such an error? Thanks.
    Those who believe money can buy happiness have never had any money...

Regicide, I don't know, but as I said in the chat, try reinstalling...and you (kind of) griped that no one was replying...it's only been up for 2 hours. The CivIII help forum doesn't have near that response time

I'd wait for a better, smarter expert to come along, because I'm not really the best person to ask .

And I see you are still Settler, welcome to Apolyton!
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Thanks!!

Thanks! I actually figured it out. Somehow the INI Files name got changed...and I just had to give it the correct name again and it seems to work fine.

Sorry didn't mean to sound like I was griping in the chat room just anxious. I'm not only new to Apolyton I'm also new to messing around with the Civ editor, using new units, civ's etc. although I've been playing Civ games for at least 5 years. I 'm hopelessly hooked! I'd really like to get the tools to start designing leaderheads and new units/animations! Any tips?

Thanks again!
      Those who believe money can buy happiness have never had any money...

Comment

Re: Thanks!!

Originally posted by Regicide
        I 'm hopelessly hooked!
        So am I!

I'd really like to get the tools to start designing leaderheads and new units/animations! Any tips?
        I'd check the Civilization III: Creation and Files forums. I don't think they are even as active as the Help forum, but it's worth a try. Also, try the Directory (http://apolyton.net/dir/). I don't know, but it might have some stuff. Uh, yeah, I guess.

Thanks again!
        You're welcome.
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Thanks! I actually figured it out. Somehow the INI Files name got changed...and I just had to give it the correct name again and it seems to work fine.
          Someone mentioned that there was a mistake with that unit, something about being it named a Libyan Mercenary in spots instead.

Comment

I'd really like to get the tools to start designing leaderheads and new units/animations! Any tips?

Thanks again!
            Flicster for unit animation., maybe even leaderheads. I'm not entirely sure about that though. I believe you'll find it in the Files area.

Comment

You had:

Load Error

ERROR READING FILE

I get:

Missing entry in "text\Pedialcons.txt": ANIMNAME_

and then it closes. help would be nice
              I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo008
                You had:

Load Error

ERROR READING FILE

I get:

Missing entry in "text\Pedialcons.txt": ANIMNAME_

and then it closes. help would be nice
                And help you'll get. It's easy once you know it.

You need to have that line in the PediaIcons.txt file. Look for it in the Text folder. You'll find those entries towards the very bottom of the file, they will look like this:

#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Settler
                Settler

The PRTO_Settler refers to the area in the editor I've shown in the screen shot, "Settler" points to the folder where the graphics etc. are kept,which would be somewhere in Arts/Units. Should you change that second line to Swordsman, your Settlers will all look like Swordsman but have the abilities of a Settler.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X