Me, Kiwi (New Zealander) now has PTW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me, Kiwi (New Zealander) now has PTW!

PTW arrived in my mail today from GP Store NZ. Just wondered if any other kiwis have it yet. You have to order it online here as it won't appear in shops generally until mid-January due to its out-of-the-box bugginess which means it does not meet consumer and/or legal standards (false advertising). Also, it is still shown on the website as "Coming soon" but that may be deliberate me thinks!
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats from me too.

You have the US version, I presume? I'm waiting till my Electronics Boutique stocks PTW (hopefully a pre-patched version, UK or US.)

BTW, how much did it cost you (Kiwi $)?

Comment

$64 but this included freight. Normally retail is $59. My local shop gives me a 10% discount so about $54 in normal circumstances but I would have to wait to mid-January for it! The extra 10 bucks is worth it to get it now! And it's the U.S. version. I made a point of asking them before ordering it.
        Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

Re: Me, Kiwi (New Zealander) now has PTW!

Originally posted by The Rusty Gamer
          You have to order it online here as it won't appear in shops generally until mid-January due to its out-of-the-box bugginess which means it does not meet consumer and/or legal standards (false advertising).
          Of course when I mentioned the game was in breach of consumer laws in Australia the fanboys scoffed.

Looks like Infogames took legal advice.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

1. Could someone explain to me why it is in breach of consumer laws?
            2. Am I going to have to wait till January to get it?
            3. What is the difference between the US and AU/NZ version?
            4. Does that mean I can just order the US version now insted of waiting for it to come out in Australia?
            5. Is it just me, or is anyone else as confused as I am?

Comment

1. Dunno, but in NZ, there are some pretty vocal 'consumer-rights' advocates
              2. Probably.
              3. There is no AU/NZ version-- usually it's the UK version (probably taking cue from Sony Playstation.) The reason why its significant is because the UK version is/was delayed and probably is pre-patched.
              4. Yes
              5. I'm just as confused

Comment

You cannot knowingly sell a defective product into the Australian market. It breaches the Trade Practices Act.

PTW is clearly defective - the CD does not deliver what is stated on the box. Big no, no, in most Western countries.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Big no, no, in most Western countries.
                  Hehe... if someone reads this out of context, it can sound like as if we were speaking of Infrogrames as if it was some 3rd-world-slave-labour-utilising company

Comment

For anyone in NZ, all you have to do is go to the link mentioned in my first post and order it. Ignore the fact that it says "Coming soon". They have it in stock, they're just not advertising it.

And let me reemphasise, it is the U.S. version. I checked with the store first. And I applied the 1.14f patch and it works just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                      You cannot knowingly sell a defective product into the Australian market. It breaches the Trade Practices Act.

PTW is clearly defective - the CD does not deliver what is stated on the box. Big no, no, in most Western countries.
                      Yeah right. How do you stay employed?
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

PTW arrived in my mail today from GP Store NZ. Just wondered if any other kiwis have it yet

It is about time! I'll head out and get it today.

Sean.
                        "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                        --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Got it! Just downloading the patch now. Some small difficulties with the US version...but it should be all right.

I hope it is as good as it sounds!

Sean.
                          "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                          --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

Yeah right. How do you stay employed?
                            You must be so embarrassed to be blown out of the water like this

Comment

Horsie, don't offer to blow me. You're not my sort.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                              X