Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Sports Discussion (ie, Apolyton US Sports Bar)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imran, supporting the BCS is not a traditionalist belief.

I was refering to the other thread, in which Drake called himself a 'traditionalist' and backed the BCS (that is why traditionalist was in quotes). I was mocking him .

came up with Rose, Sugar, Orange, and Cotton

You are correct. The Fiesta Bowl was not in the same league with the Rose, Sugar, and Orange beforehand, and the Cotton was much more important. I'm not sure why that changes, but maybe because the Cotton Bowl refused to play ball with the BCS in the beginning?

So, who should win the Heisman? Who will win the Heisman?

Should: Carson Palmer, USC
    Will: Willis McGahee, Mia
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Correct. Rose, Sugar, Orange, Cotton.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Al Davis still reserves the right to move the Raiders back to LA. He still consideres it his territory Remember LA was trying hard to get the expansion team which went to Houston. Besides, like Imran said, everything is nice and tidy as far as conference placement goes. Don't expect any rocking of the boat for a while.
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• The BCS bowls are thus:

Fiesta: Miami v. Ohio State
          Orange: Iowa v. USC
          Sugar: Georgia v. Florida State
          Rose: Washington State v. Oklahoma

While Oklahoma in the Rose stands out like a very sore thumb, I can't deny that we've got great matchups on our hands. All except for the Sugar have the potential to really rock the casbah.
          CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
          Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• I was refering to the other thread, in which Drake called himself a 'traditionalist' and backed the BCS (that is why traditionalist was in quotes). I was mocking him

It's sad that you've been reduced to mocking me on a completely different thread. You don't have to stoop to this level just because you got schooled in the BCS debate. Go back to the BCS thread and agree with everything Ming says; it's your only hope of redeeming yourself.

I'm not sure why that changes, but maybe because the Cotton Bowl refused to play ball with the BCS in the beginning?

The main reason the Cotton Bowl is no longer in the top four is because it has terrible facilities and terrible ratings. The Cotton Bowl itself is a ****hole and the Cotton Bowl game always had horrible ratings because of its early morning kickoff time. It got by on tradition for a long time, but they finally dumped it for the BCS.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Oklahoma and Iowa should be switched, and a deal should have been worked out.

Btw, the BCS bowls placing must have been the worst secret ever! Basically people were saying last week if Miami, Washington State, and Georgia won (which wasn't too hard to go out on a limb about), the seeding would be like it is.

Though I can imagine the Rose Bowl is pissed off. If you are going to keep the bowls, at least have the Rose Bowl keep the Pac 10 v Big 10.

The best way to prevent this next time? Playoff
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• You don't have to stoop to this level just because you got schooled in the BCS debate.

Don't you mean the other way around, Mr 'sanctity of the regular season' boy. I've already established that you don't really care for the regular season for Bowling Green and Marshall. You are simply backtracking and making yourself look foolish and silly.

Comment

• Georgia could still end up being #2 in the country - not bad at all.

Falcons got toasted today. Bucs have our number, that's for sure.

Comment

• Btw, I'm the last post on the BCS thread anyway.

The only thing I learned there was that those that back the BCS are more idiotic than I thought possible.

Kinda sounds like those people who are against Instant Replay to preserve the sanctaty of the officiating .

Regular season doesn't matter anyway. When USC plays OSU and Iowa plays Washington State in regular season, then it means something. Otherwise, without a playoff it is totally bushleague.

Comment

• I've already established that you don't really care for the regular season for Bowling Green and Marshall.

Sure you have.

I've said plenty of times that I would give Marshall and Bowling Green some respect if they would play a quality schedule, but you seem to ignore that.

You are simply backtracking and making yourself look foolish and silly.

This coming from the man who claims that the BCS didn't work this year.

You're lucky Ming is around or your side would've been beaten a long time ago.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I've said plenty of times that I would give Marshall and Bowling Green some respect if they would play a quality schedule, but you seem to ignore that.

So the regular season only matters if you play a quality schedule? OH!

This coming from the man who claims that the BCS didn't work this year.

No, and it will never work. I don't remember OSU playing Iowa, Georgia or USC. So no, the BCS did not work. The two best teams aren't playing against each other, because I don't believe that OSU is the 2nd best team in the country and even though they are undefeated you cannot prove they are better than Georgia (OSU hasn't played Florida) or Iowa (OSU hasn't played Iowa State).

You're lucky Ming is around or your side would've been beaten a long time ago.

You mean as opposed to your side getting beaten on page 1 of the other thread?

--

There are only valid ways of going about college football. The traditionalist approach, where the Bowls are two conferences facing each other and the national champion is simply accepted as a subjective determination.

OR

A playoff, consisting of at least 4 teams to determine a true national champion.

The BCS is just that without the C: BS. Having two subjectively ranked teams play each other for the national championship and then declaring that there is no discussion after that is just silly and stupid. The BCS sucks and will never work, and never has worked.

Comment

• So the regular season only matters if you play a quality schedule? OH!

Of course. I've said this several times. Why would a quality schedule not be a requirement?

The BCS is just that without the C: BS.

You're so clever.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Of course. I've said this several times. Why would a quality schedule not be a requirement?

Because, obviously, the regular season for WAC teams doesn't matter, because they will NEVER have the strength of schedule needed, because their conference is so weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnT
                              So, who should win the Heisman? Who will win the Heisman?

Should: Byron Leftwich, Marshall.
                              Will: Larry Johnson, Penn St.
                              Are you saying that Johnson shouldn't win the Heisman? He got 270 yards in a half! He's a mother****ing Walter Payton!

Of course he's gonna get drafted by some dumb team like the Seahawks and then he's gonna suck.
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Why would the Seahawks draft him when they have Shaun Alexander?

Comment

Working...
                                X