Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Sports Discussion (ie, Apolyton US Sports Bar)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dissident
    college overtime sucks.
    I agree... if they started on their own 40... then it might be interesting.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I don't pay attention to college much. I'm assuming they don't kick off.

Special teams are an important part of the game. You can't take that out.

If the kick return team scores that should count as the offense scoring. Basically I'm agreeing with #2 in the original post. Each team should have ONE chance to score with either their offense or kick return team.

Comment

The coin flip in the pros is almost an automatic winner... unless the Lions coach is making the decision

Let both team try from at least the 50, but their own 40 sounds like more fun... then do an overtime if needed.
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Here's a question for y'all. ESPN had a thing where the college football guys on Sportscenter discussed whether USC would give Miami a better game than OSU (USC being the hottest team in the country according to the 'experts').

Here is the question:

USC plays OSU next weekend (hypothetically, of course). The spread is 'pick em'. Who do you bet on (you have to bet )?

I bet on USC. Two words: Carson Palmer.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I bet on Ohio's Defense... but I think Iowa is still the best team in the Big Ten right now. OSU can't come back if they get down early... their defense really is what keeps them in the game. Their offense is only good enough to win close games...
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

They are like the Buccanears of College Football .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

the big ten needs a championship game. Too bad Iowa and OSU didn't play each other.

Comment

A rare event... it's just strange that it happened this year. If we could suck more team into the Big 10 (11), then we could do what the Big 12 does, and have two divisions and a true championship... The are still going after Pitt and ND. But ND would be stupid to give up their freedom in football.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Pitt will probably stay in the Big East. The 11 teams is going to screw the Big 10 totally in situations like this.

Comment

Pitt has shown some interest ever since Penn St. joined.

They can get killed in either conference, and the Big 10 could provide them with more money in the long run.
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

They are doing pretty well in the Big East right now.

The longer Pitt stays in the Big East the more likely they are to stay.

Comment

Hard to say... for Football, they would gain. And Basketball is shifting back to the Big 10 vs the Big East.

It could happen. Money is the big issue, and they would do far better in the Big 10.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

So what do you all think about L.A. getting a pro football team? Will it happen?

I just read espn.com that the Supreme court in Arizona approved construction of a stadium in Arizona. I was thinking they might move to L.A. They probalby should move to LA. . They suck. They are my closest home team, and I rooted for them when they beat Dallas several years ago in the playoffs. But the ownership is terrible. Even if they did move to LA they would still suck.

Could the Colts move? Possibly.

I kind of think it would be cool to get a team to LA. Maybe the locals there will have learned their lessong. But LA is kind of a pansy city . I'm not sure manly sports can succeed there. . I just want a team to root for.

For now I root for the Chargers in the AFC and the Bucs in the NFC.

Comment

Yeah, but it ain't as easy to switch conferences as we've been saying. There is a lot of planning involved and everything (especially because schedules are done so far in advance).

And who wants to play teams in Chicago anyway .

Comment

LA doesn't seem able to support a team. Weird as it may sound. But somebody will probably move there with the promise of sweat heart deal... I don't think it will be Arizona....
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X