Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Sports Discussion (ie, Apolyton US Sports Bar)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well my analysis was set back slightly by Michael Vick passing over 300 yards today . I didn't think he could throw like that.

But I will still have my doubts until one of them wins a superbowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
      Oh please... they crammed Tampa Bay into the Central Division... and then had no problem putting them where they really belonged.
      Dallas in the east is just a joke... If they were to play in a division that made more sense, nobody would care in a few years. JUST LOOK AT A FRICKEN MAP
      Ming, this is a small dose of what the NFL got when first adddressing realignment. Moving Dallas would needlessly piss off half of the fans in the NFC, and all of the fans in the NFC East. Dallas is a team people love to hate with a passion. Move Dallas? Hell it would be easier moving the Pyramids out of Egypt.
      * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
      * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
      * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
      * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

• In Local news, Both the Atlanta Hawks and Thrashers coaches have been removed due to poor team performances.

Speculation is rife on who will be the next victim.....err replacement coach.

Man, I move from Philly to Atlanta get season tickets to the Thrashers (b/c in Philly you can't get em) and watch the most awful drek Hockey there is. I absolutely hate Euro style pansy Hockey which is exactly what the Thrasher do and mighty poorly I might add. Heres hoping the next coach of the Thrashers instills some cahoneys to the team.

As for the Hawks, ownership is already figuring on upping the accruals in order to pay back season ticket holders when they miss the playoffs which they guaranteed.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• But I will still have my doubts until one of them wins a superbowl.

One of them did!

John Elway was much worse than Vick at this stage of their development, and look at what he did.

--

And yeah, blood letting in Atlanta, Ogie! The Thrashers won't be good until they get a couple more drafts in. They don't have the talent outside their great rookies last year.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
          X