Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Sports Discussion (ie, Apolyton US Sports Bar)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So his talent can waste away for several years playing 2nd string, of course!
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Ah... point well taken.

But in that case, just have the Bengals draft him . After all the Seahawks might end up to be good at some time .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        Ah... point well taken.

But in that case, just have the Bengals draft him . After all the Seahawks might end up to be good at some time .
        Yes! Back to their glory days! Actually, wait a minute....
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Because, obviously, the regular season for WAC teams doesn't matter, because they will NEVER have the strength of schedule needed, because their conference is so weak.

We've been over this several times. If your conference is weak, you can make up for it by playing a tough non-conference schedule. Just look at Fresno State's schedule for last season if you want a convenient WAC example.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
            You're lucky Ming is around or your side would've been beaten a long time ago.

Check out the vote in both threads... it's only you and a few others who side with the dark side and continue to support a bunch of greedy old farts who run the current bowl system. You've lost... and you just keep talking in circles and contradicting yourself with every additional post... yeah, the regular season must remain meaningful... but only if you are a top team, otherwise, you can go suck yourself. I hope you really don't believe your own propaganda
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• The top two candidates for the Heisman, in my mind, will be facing off on January 2nd in the Orange Bowl - USC QB Carson Palmer and Iowa QB Brad Banks. I say the Heisman people should forget about the vote and just bestow the trophy on whichever QB wills his team to a victory in that game.
              CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
              Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
              Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
              Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

NEW ISSUE:

All of you have heard of A&M firing Slocum and hiring Franchione. Firstly A&M is slime but I think Franchione is even bigger slime. 2 years, promising recruits he'd be there, and before one class went through, he bales ship. When he signed on, he KNEW Alabama would go on probation.
                Local 680 the fan radio legend and 'Bama fan Phyllis is having a seizure.

But yes I agree he appears to be slime, OTOH I've heard when he asked for control of the program as he feared it would turn back to the dark side with questionable recruiting practices etc. he was denied.

OTOOH, his leaving TCU and comments made back 2 years ago mirrors the comments heard from him.

2 days prior to leaving TCU " I have no plans to leave TCU. It is a diamond in the rough program".

2 days prior to leaving 'Bama "As far as I know my plans are to stay with Alabama. I haven't had any discussion with Texas A&M".
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• I'm not an A&M fan, but Franchione didn't know about the sanctions.
                  His hiring will make it all the sweeter when UT, and Texas Tech, stomp A&M.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Heisman (not that I'm biased or anything )

Will : Johnson - PSU
                    Should : Johnson - PSU

No seriously,

I think McGahee will likely win and a strong case can be made for it.

Johnson put up huge huge numbers and deserves consideration but his knock is he came up too small in the big games. (OTOH we all know the running game goes out the window when you get down early).
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• I'm not an A&M fan, but Franchione didn't know about the sanctions.

Actually he did. Apprently, Alabama told Franchione that they might be subject to sanctions and he still signed! And then he told his players not to leave because of sanctions and they should stick it through!! What slime!

McGahee will probably win the Heisman. Those 6 TDs against VTech probably sealed it for him.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• and you just keep talking in circles and contradicting yourself with every additional post...

I have to talk in circles when the tag-alongs who support your side bring up issues that have already been covered. Exhibit #1...

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        So the regular season only matters if you play a quality schedule? OH!

KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I will quote Ming:

yeah, the regular season must remain meaningful... but only if you are a top team, otherwise, you can go suck yourself. I hope you really don't believe your own propaganda

The side issues have been covered, but not finished. You are still wrong .

Hey, we already covered that the BCS allows undeserving teams to play in the national championship, but you still talk about it.

--

Btw, I don't know if you watch ESPN's Around the Horn, but it takes 4 Sports Experts from around the country and asks them things about sports.

Today, they were asked if the BCS worked. 3 out of the 4 said NO! Because they did not believe that the undefeated Ohio State belongs in the national championship game. Because they feel USC could kick the crap out of OSU.

You are not in the majority, and not even close to being right.

Comment

• Ming's attitude is abominable today, isn't it?
                            "Go suck yourself"?
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Hey, he was addressing a BCS supporter. He deserved it .

Comment

• Say what you want about the BCS. Rip it all you want, but this year, the BCS got it right.

Btw, I don't know if you watch ESPN's Around the Horn, but it takes 4 Sports Experts from around the country and asks them things about sports.

Around the Horn sucks. If the boys on PTI say the BCS didn't work, maybe I'll listen.

Because they feel USC could kick the crap out of OSU.

Who cares? USC had their shot and blew it against Washington State. OSU, on the other hand, did everything that was expected of them. Do you really want to ignore OSU's perfect record just because you think USC might be better? I thought you were trying to get away from subjective determinations of quality...

You are not in the majority

Who cares? The majority voted for Al Gore in 2000. What does that say about the intelligence of the majority?
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X