Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Sports Discussion (ie, Apolyton US Sports Bar)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, the Athletic Director is slime, but he runs A&M, so he infects them .

How can you fire R.C. Slocum, I can't understand it.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

For overtime, I wouldn't mind both teams getting a shot. But NOT ANYWHERE NEAR AS THEY DO IN THE COLLEGE... Back em up to their own 40 yard line... give them both a shot, and then do the damn coin flip
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That doesn't solve much, Ming.

Do the coin flip, then do a kick off. If the team drives down and scores, kick it off and let the other team have a chance. Then if they score, make it sudden death.

If the team doesn't score on the first drive, have them punt and let the other team attempt to drive down.

Make it like a GAME, don't make it all artificial and start it at the 40.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

As long as both teams get an initial shot at it, that's fine by me. But the college system is too easy. you are almost handed a field goal... I hate seeing it decided by a coin flip... like 70% plus teams win it if they win the flip... unless you are the lions and give the ball to the Bears after winning the flip. Morons...
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

I just don't want an arbitrary yard line where the ball is placed and the team has a shot at the goal line. Whether it is on the 25, 30, 40, whatever. Have a kickoff.

Comment

like I said don't start at the 40.

Kickoffs and special teams are an important part of the NFL. It helps decide regular games (case in point Buffalo and their lack of special teams- music city miracle anyone ), and it should decide overtimeg games.

Comment

You are probably right. But that will usually mean that it will come down to the coin flip anyway, which is what we are trying to avoid
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

not if both teams get 1 shot at it. After that make it sudden death.

Comment

A tie is crap... the system they decide HAS to provide ample opportunity for the game to be won or lost.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

That's right. It would mitigate the coin flip, but probably not kill it entirely. I mean if a both teams scored TDs, and then on the ensueing kickoff, the team scored a TD, then it would be decided by coin flip, but that would be rare.

TO STAVE THAT POSSIBILITY, I say get rid of the coin flip and have the decision for recieving the kick given to the home team, giving REAL home field advantage.

Comment

and lets not forget.

Defense is actually part of the game

Comment

Nah... giving the home team that kind of advantage is going to far. Maybe two tries before it goes to a coin flip
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Nah... giving the home team that kind of advantage is going to far. Maybe two tries before it goes to a coin flip

Why not then have a coin flip BEFORE the two tries. It is kind of silly to have TWO coin tosses, one before the tries, and one after.

Comment

I'd say... let the home team go second in both tries... so they know what they have to beat. That's a solid advantage, but still gives both teams a shot. Then do a coin flip.
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

I don't think you are understanding Ming.

Team A and Team B are tied after regulation. THEN do a coin flip. A wins and elects to recieve. A gets the kick and then on their try scores a TD. B gets the kick and have their own try (the second try of the OT) and scores a TD. THEN, the B kicks to A, and it is sudden death.

If A does not score on its possession, then it punts (or misses a FG) and B takes over. IF B scores, then B wins, but if B does not score, they give it up to A, and whoever scores first wins.

It's like REAL football, but both teams get at least one chance in the extra period.

Comment

Working...
                                X