Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Sports Discussion (ie, Apolyton US Sports Bar)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to see Unc and Duke play
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

They're moving the fences in at Comerica Park next year.

Goddamnit. How the hell is that supposed to help the Tigers? It's not like they were hitting a lot of home runs on the road.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Good idea, Imran!

My Christmas Wishlist:

1. For Va-Tech to beat the Miami Hurricanes tomorrow, while the Georgia Bulldogs win the SEC Championship.

2. For the Dogs to go on and beat Ohio State 35-10.

3. For 2003 to be the worst year in Tom Glavine's history, with a 7-17 record and a 5.09 ERA.

4. For the Falcons to win the Super Bowl to become the next 3 year Dynasty in the NFL.

5. For the Braves to win the division again, withstanding both the Mets and the Phillies.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
          3. For 2003 to be the worst year in Tom Glavine's history, with a 7-17 record and a 5.09 ERA.
          I note a touch of "bitterness" here
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, Tom Glavine is no longer on my side so I don't have to love him anymore, Ming. Especially when he goes to a team in the same division, the one team I dislike the most. Fvck him.

Comment

Yeah... simply throw out all he has done for you in the past... I'm sensing TONS of bitterness now I'm surprised you didn't wish him a carreer ending injury on top of it
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

A Prayer of Hope and Strength

Dear God,

I've said it before and I say it again, please God, oh please let VA-Tech beat Miami tomorrow. Is that to much to ask for thy faithful servant? Of course, thy Georgia Bulldogs shine brilliantly in your glory and will ride your sword to victory!

I also beg of you to make 2003 to be the worst year in Tom Glavine's history, with niggling aches and pains drastically reducing his effectiveness. If you are just and merciful, you will make him go 7-17, with a foul 5.09 ERA.

Please allow thy Braves to withstand the jauggernaut that is the Phillies, for Thome to have problems with National League pitchers (except the deceitful Tom Glavine, against whom all hitters should feast) and the Phillies young pitching to wilt under the heat of August and the pressures of September.

But I will sacrifice thy Braves if it could help prepare for a Michael Vicktory in the Super Bowl. I would, my you rest my soul, even sacrifice a Va-Tech win for a Falcons Super Bowl ring.

Oh please, let it be so. Thank you God.

Comment

That's a lot of big time prayers to use up.
                  Miracles are called miracles for a reason.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Kevin Millwood is the future for the Braves pitching
                    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

My WA(APW)P for tomorrow:

Miami & Georgia both lose, and USC goes to the Fiesta.

WA(APW)P = Wild-Ass (And Probably Wrong) Prediction

Oh, and JohnT: You'll be lucky if Vick is still alive after Sunday, considering what we did to him last time. He don't even have the crowd to his benefit this time.

**** THE CRITICS - GO BUCS GO!
                      CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                      Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                      Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                      Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

except the deceitful Tom Glavine, against whom all hitters should feast

KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

It's getting into the winter, and you know what happens from teams that live by bays other than Green and SF: their energy gets Sapped when they venture into cold, dreary climates. While the Falcons won't be able to take advantage of this weakness, you know that the road to the NFC Championship will go through cold weather cities, unless you can win home field advantage. But to do that, you gotta beat teams like New Orleans, Reismark.

Comment

Tampa is just too cocky. I'd love to see Vick run some circles around them.

And John, Atlanta only has itself to blame for Glavine leaving. They asked for a counteroffer and didn't hear from Atlanta until a week later. The Braves suffered from cockyness and thought Glavine would never leave, so snubbed the heart and soul of their team.

Kevin Millwood is the future for the Braves pitching

Actually Damien Moss.

They're moving the fences in at Comerica Park next year.

Goddamnit. How the hell is that supposed to help the Tigers? It's not like they were hitting a lot of home runs on the road.

I guess Illich thinks more HRs = more fans. Who know if that will work.

---

NEW ISSUE:

All of you have heard of A&M firing Slocum and hiring Franchione. Firstly A&M is slime but I think Franchione is even bigger slime. 2 years, promising recruits he'd be there, and before one class went through, he bales ship. When he signed on, he KNEW Alabama would go on probation.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I've read some of you guys ideas for overtime.

Let me reiterate. Ties suck. Any overtime rule that increases the odds of ties is not good. I know my vote for the #2 suggestion is bound to increase ties, but not by a large margin.

You could have them play multiple overtimes but that is no good. Several reasons. TV coverage would be too long. Fans would not want to be at games for so many hours. Statistics would be much higher. I have seen some college stats where they have over 1000 yards of offense. Breaking records would not be as exciting.

Comment

Firstly A&M is slime but I think Franchione is even bigger slime.

A&M isn't slime; Bill Byrne is slime and I'm glad that greedy bastard is gone. Maybe the common fan will be able to attend Husker games now, with that son of a ***** in Texas.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X