Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Sports Discussion (ie, Apolyton US Sports Bar)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arizona would be best, because they are in the NFC West already. I've heard Indy, but they are in the AFC South right now.

They have the divisions actually set up decently now .

LA does seem very apathetic about a football team. I can't understand why, but Hell, you got a San Diego team, an Oakland team, and a San Francisco team. California doesn't need another one .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

With the exception of Dallas in the East, the divisions were set up pretty good. California has enough teams... and unless they build a great stadium in Los Angeles... it really doesn't make sense for anybody to move there.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, Dallas is special. They have long rivalries with the Redskins and Giants. Also Jones might have pulled an Al Davis and sued .

It makes no sense for anyone to be in LA, but the NFL wants that 2nd biggest market to have a team in it. It's the only US team sport, basically, that doesn't have a team in LA.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

With both Dallas and Washington sucking this year, this would have been time to cut the cord between the two teams... Dallas in the east is just plain silly.

LA maybe the second largest market, but the fans don't seem to care. How a team couldn't make money in LA, but make money in St Louis is beyond reality
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

With both Dallas and Washington sucking this year, this would have been time to cut the cord between the two teams... Dallas in the east is just plain silly.

Doesn't matter if they suck. It's like if Michigan and OSU sucked. Don't matter, the rivalry is still the important thing.

I think Dallas still should stay in the East. Ming, you just don't understand unless you came from an NFC East area . Dallas is the hated team around NY and Philly .

Comment

Oh yes.. Dallas in the East.. that makes PERFECT sense

It's time for NEW rivalries... this would have been the best time to end this farce... But NOOOOOOO...

What a joke
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

New rivalries?

Ming, I never thought you were the one to break tradition .

So you wouldn't mind having just an East and West Conference in the NFL?

Comment

I just think it's a joke that Dallas is in the East... call me silly, but they are WEST of the MISSISSIPPI... There is no reason for this. With all the key competitors sucking this year, this would have been a perfect time to end this farce. With profit sharing, it doesn't really make that big of diffence...
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Dallas/Washington, Dallas/NY Giants, and Dallas/Philadelphia MUST be preserved. I don't care if Dallas is in the West forever, they cannot be split apart if there is any justice.

It would be like splitting up Green Bay and Chicago into Midwest and Great Lakes or something.

You might as well end the NFC and AFC and combine them into one big conference.

I kinda prefer in hockey back in the days when the conferences were on names instead of geographical location. Then there wouldn't be the BS about teams in the same area have to be in the same division.

Comment

The difference is... Green Bay. Detriot, and Minny are really in the same geographic area. Dallas in the east is a farce. Other teams had to change, why not Dallas. It's just absurd that they are in the east
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Then explain why do you tolerate St. Louis is in the West? The only reason they are there is because of the rivalry with San Francisco. How about Indianapolis in the South? Why is Baltimore in the North and Buffalo in the South? Can it be because Buffalo has great rivalries with Miami and NY Jets? Why is Kansas City in the West and Houston in the South? Because KC has a long standing rivalry with Oakland and Denver.

Face it, there are divisional rivalries that are MORE important than sillyness such as grouping all teams into a geographic reagion.

Comment

St Louis is at least west of the mississippi

KC belongs in the west and Houston is in the south, so I have no problems with them... But Dallas in the EAST, what a joke
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

I'll take traditional rivalries over stupid geographical divisions, any day.

And since Houston is WEST of Kansas City, it would make no sense for KC to be in the West and not have Houston be there as well.

Furthermore it isn't 1810, the Mississippi isn't the midpoint of the country, middle of Texas is .

Comment

If you are going to realign, it just makes sense to do it right. Dallas is the one team that just screams... It wasn't done right. Screw the rivalries... make new ones.
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Screw the rivalries... make new ones.

Sorry, I'm not in favor of throwing away traditional rivalries at the drop of a hat. THEY are what make sports great.

I would never, ever, ever, ever support a plan that would seperate Dallas from Washington, Philly, and the NY Giants, and neither would any of those teams. The rivalries mean MUCH more than any geographical realignment.

Comment

Working...
                                X