Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My beta better than the released version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My beta better than the released version?

My beta of Civilization III: Play The World runs perfectly - yet my editor tells me the released version is buggier than hell and virtually unplayable?

Bizarre.

:: insert your standard rant here ::

also note you were playing mostly firaxians / selected people, not random ones or ones from vast distances.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Multiplayer is fine, but I'm more attracted to the new civs and editors.

Comment

oh, your one of those people
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Well your editor is right, assuming he/she has never played PtW and only listend to vague rants from various people. Since you're not interested in MP and just SP, you're pretty much fine. Slim to none bugs in PtW SP and certainly no game crashing ones. Just look around on the forum. While opinions on MP differ most people say SP works fine. But anyway, look around, you'll see SP is fine. Wouldn't even needed to post this if you'd bothered to do so, because all this looks like right now is a troll post.
          "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Who are you? I played multi with Firaxites and enjoyed myself. However, Ill more often play single player.

Two words: Bite me.

Comment

"Firaxites"? Sounds more like you leeched the alpha off some file sharing proggy, but thats another story. The point of my post was that SP in the retail game works fine, and that you wouldn't have needed to post had you looked around the forum first. It wasn't really meant to be rude, I just don't see why you felt the need to start a new thread while not reading anything on the forum to see if it answered your question.
              "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Many people are finding it difficult to find players with whom they can have good games. There are a few people who cannot really get going at all no matter who they try with (I've seen 1).

There were improvements from version to version through the betas to release and right up to 1.14. I think there will be more.

Certainly, the game was and is playable for most. If you know what to do and if you have people close enough to you Net wise.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

(Er ChaotikVisions,>>Jonah did one of those on-line re/previews of PTW on some fantastic website (whose name I cant remember) and reported that everything was simply super . So I guess he is entitled to come along here and attempt to justify his article)

Actually I had wondered how so many people were reporting so many complaints yet such respected reviewers ... didnt find them?

Comment

Jonah is real and high in the "most times mentioned in the apolyton news" list
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Yea CV: i was pumping jonah for info before PTW was released

Comment

Certainly, the game was and is playable for most.
                        Was? Is? Are you some visitor from a future time?

Why do attempt to keep the lie alive that 1.14f even worked at all across the internet? It did not.

Why do you even attempt to say that the newest version is playable, the consensus is that it is horribly laggy even when playing with people with pings in the neighborhood of 100 ms.

The truth of the matter is that the game is very laggy, even when playing against one person with an (internet best possible) ping of 70 milliseconds.

As you add people and ping time the problems get worse.

Comment

Anybody with a brain, the US version, and an ounce of sense can get 1.14 working. What's your problem?

/Typos
                          Last edited by notyoueither; December 4, 2002, 21:11.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I seem to remember Mr. Falcon in relation to another game. Sierra's Football 99. He quickly has gone on my ignore list. I do know how proud he is of a certain "endowment" as he liked to mention on his web page at the time.
                            Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Heh, alright so hes real and not a troll. I was just annoyed at what looked be another troll post, this time harrasing the SP game. Really just look around Jonah or buy it, SP is working great.

Comment

Working...
                              X