Our Government, failing us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Government, failing us?

Come now, what has happened to our own government!?

Ok, yes, we allowed this American Holiday into our society, we allowed it to delay our plans for the conquest of Germany, but this is becomming truly outrageous!

It has been nearly ONE WEEK since turns have been played. Are you honestly telling me that NO ONE in the government is able to play out a turnthread in that time? Perhaps getting us to the 'fun' part when we can go and crush the Otto?

And where are the ministers?

Go ahead, go and look at the orders thread. What do we see? We see that we have a VERY dedicated Domestic Minister as he is about the only one doing his job around here. How is the turnchat to proceed later today without the rest of the Ministers going and actually making orders?

People go and blame PTW game for the low attendance.

Maybe that contributes, but it would sure help if there was more to talk about here than to look at the 'who is active' thread all day.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Unorthos, what will happen next month when it's Christmas/New Years? Some people will be away for 2 weeks. These are things that the Government has tryed to work around, but the decision was made in the last turnchat to do it this way.

[RANT MODE ON!] I REALLY Wonder what you all will do NEXT TERM when I Retire from Goverment service. The Concon, in it's very fallable wisdom, has put the two most time intensive jobs together into one person. Granted, they did "suggest" that I have someone help me, but If I can't get anyone now, what will happen next term? Also Granted, It has allowed be to have the Nation's Cities connected via RR and to make Jungle clearing faster and more efficient. But is that really worth it? No!

But It's TOO MUCH!!!!! So, Unortho, if you want to blame anyone, blame everyone else BUT your Goverment, because we are atleast trying!!! Blame them for their Appathy, Blame them for their inattentiveness and Blame them for dividing their interest between the Games and Blame them for thinking that this game ois in the Bag, but DON"T blame us for trying to keep some things going!

[RANT MODE OFF!]

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

I am not saying that the people have no blame at all, and I agree that you have had a tremendous task laid upon your hands, but the lack of overall discussion has been brought about, at least in my opinion, by the lack of progress in the game. As I said earlier, you are the only Minister I have seen give actual orders.

As for next month, yes that is a problem, and a part of the reason I brought this up. Perhaps we can find a solution before that happens? You may disaprove of my methods, but I have found they generally work bettet than simply opening another discussion thread. If I piss people off in the process, so be it.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Unortho... today's chat was scheduled for 1 p.m. EST when I thought it was for 6 p.m. EST... I didn't get home until now (3 p.m. EST) and I had intended on finishing up orders and posting them before the chat.

Unfortunately, the chat was already started

I'm there now.

As for the thoroughness of my orders, go look at the previous orders thread... you will find that FAM orders were quite ANNALY thorough. It was my intention to do the same this time, but I got caught with a turnchat that I didn't know the time for...
        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

oh, and Unortho, I was gone from Wednesday through Sunday and THEN I came down with the flu... coming down with the flu, which was an unexpected absense, is not really my fault...
          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

There were several members who brought up the point that the DM postion was a tremendous amount of work piled into one office.

I would also like to commend E_T for the work he has put in with the lack of support he has received.
            Proud member of the Hawk Party.

Comment

Originally posted by =OttomusCeasar=
              There were several members who brought up the point that the DM postion was a tremendous amount of work piled into one office.

I would also like to commend E_T for the work he has put in with the lack of support he has received.
              This from someone that was very much against me taking this office, I take that as a really great complement.

THANKS!!!!

E_T
              Come and see me at WePlayCiv
              Worship the Comic here!
              Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

sometimes people just need a kick up the back side
                Are we having fun yet?

Comment

I would so love to be in a position to be a Minister for Xmas/NYs as I have soooo much free time then I don't know what to do with it. How can everyone be that busy in the two weeks I imagine almost everyone here gets off every year?
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Viva la Revolution!
                    Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                    Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Working...
                    X