X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Alpha Offices

Welcome to the Lux Invicta Ministry of Foreign Affairs-

Modus Operandi (how we work in this forum) :
    Forum name :- Its a general title, and encompasses espionage , diplomacy and trades, cultural religion.
    These separate compartments can be split among other forums.
    This is the Alpha Office - the FIRST Office (using the Greek alphabet - Alpha for A)

We need to work together to organise a command and admin structure for Foreign Affairs, I'm not fuly certain what roles this ministry will control as yet.
    I see our first agenda task as creating Advisors to the Foreign Office.
    It may be best for people to nominate themselves for roles, and Ministers will decide who to hire or fire.

In my opinion- It should be a proviso , or rule, that everyone gets a chance at the different jobs in all our government, unless they can be shown to be inept in some areas.
    Trip will always be the main leader of our team of course, but in the democratic spirit of this project each role should be changed on the 3 week rota basis.

Lux Invicta 4000bc Plan of Diplomacy

Continued:

Culture: Maybe foreign affairs should work with the Interior minister in relation to culture.. as foreign culture plays a large role.

Millitary: I need to talk with the Millitary Minister closely, discussing foreign millitary intelligence, and wether we can go to war or call for peace etc.
    If all ministers agree to war then it could be put to vote to the entire group.

Other Foreign Duties:

My proposals for the 4000bc start game :

1.Try to contact any civs we can, especially nearby ones which pose the most threat. (and also most means for exploitation) We could build some outposts in exterior areas to spot foreign civs (also good for alerting us to barbarian incursions) depending on their cost.

2.If any Civs are contacted, assign them an Ambassador (like diplomats , but we don't have embassies yet).
    I'll be the ambassador for first contact , for the first civ.
    See Bottom of article.

3.Try to research Writing soon for embassies.. I suggest going for Literacy too, as we get nice Cheap Libraries(cheaper than temples) and they give us some good culture. Map making will be useful also, for Trading Maps(though we'd need a close aliance for this to be considered for use) and Ships would help contact forigen civs and find resources etc much faster.
    The Above is dependant on our strategic situation. (what are game status is)

4.Millitary would be much appreciated if they would help find foreign Tribe Huts, where we hope to get New maps and sciences , they might also get to train their spearheads on some savage barbarian tribes.

5.Build up our gold reserves, we will need money to bribe and cajole other teams, or to make embassies and buy techs.

6.Make Embassies. Needed for ROP and Alliances, but mainly for Diplomatic espionage functions. Useful for Comms and Map trading . Need to do more work on when we need embassies..

7. Scout out luxuries and resources on the map, for trading as well as our own use.

8.Build Road networks and harbors to create trade routes.. Foreign trade will be important , luxuries can be traded for science and money, though we don't want enemies to have too many Lux's. We can control other civs if we control their strategic resources, we could get one to make war with our enemies and pay them with resources, but we would let them take the brunt of the casualites, and stay on the defensive mostly. (have to be careful not to let them conquer all the enemy on their own though.. or we get into a Cold war situation)

DIPLOMACY:
    I will try to keep friendly at first with foreigners, until we have enough millitary to raid them.. unless they show they have some other use.

Alliances: It may be of use to try and form an alliance with another Civ Team, although Rights Of Passage treaties should be used with great care (they can march an army upto our capital and obliterate it with a surprise attack bonus)
    We would be a lot stronger with an ally in millitary terms, and especially scientific terms (though we would try to be the dominating partner in any alliance). If possible we could weaken our allies using espionage , though we can't let them be suspiscous.

Multiplayer Alliances can be great for science.. both teams research different sciences and therefore double eachs research power. The trick is to stop science sharing when your 'partners' desire an important tech.. though this could result in a diplomatic incident - they might get pissed off.
    Alliances are great for attacking enemies too, and help to prevent your civ being ganged up on .. its better to make an alliance early before others make alliances against you.

TECH TRADING:
    Hopefully we'll be able to acquire techs from other Civs, I assume the price of techs will be decided solely on the teams involved (PTW dosen't restrict price deals, like how the AI's buy things?) . It will be more attractive for the enemy to trade Techs for Techs, though we should try and limit their tech research.
    I think we shuld try and research Republic, and Not worry about monarchy (unless we obtain extra sciences)
    Libraries will be better than Temples, and The Oracle is much less effective than the Sistine Chapel or Bachs - So we maybe could forget about getting Ceremonial, Mysticism and Polytheism, Monarchy Techs till near the end of the Ancient Times.. though if we can get a good deal to acquire this, it will be useful.
    Monarchies Police powers would be useful, but Despotism is just as good for that(and gives more free support under despot).
    Warrior code will be needed for Horseback.. I agree we need The wheel early, as well as iron working.

With the Ottomans , we are well on our way to Construction, which needs the important alphabet too, I think we shuld aim for construction soon, when our cities begin needing aquaducts.. colliseums would be useful if we do Go Republic soon and Forts will be useful for defence(their ZOC can be useful later.. against cavalry etc)

Please discuss any details , especially my ideas you disagree with or new ideas and issues i've forgotten.

This thread is just a starter .. we can work out foreign sub advisors As Soon As Possible.

--
    AdmiralPJ
    Spies will be dealt with severely!

Comment

Don't forget, we should also play mind games w/ our enemies. Diplomats should always attempt to seek our peace proposal even during midst of war. Good diplomat should make the other team feel as if he is not a diplomat representing lux, but rather their own agent that is on their side. Always create an image that you did your best to talk down the people of lux and created a better deal for them. Make it look like a mob rule has taken over and caused the war, not the government. Perhaps then, the other team will not harbor as long a resentment.

Spread propaganda. Make the guy next to me eviler, and our opponents will go for his throat not ours. Make us look more friendlier neighbor and most likely our neighbors will come to us first whenever they have something worth trading.
      :-p

Comment

I agree with Calc. Oddly enough, a person with the personality you appeared to possess during the chat today seems perfect for making the other team think he is on their side. Play good cop/bad cop with Trip He'll demand something outrageous, then generously request something less
        "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
        -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Originally posted by punkbass2000
          a person with the personality you appeared to possess during the chat today seems perfect for making the other team think he is on their side.
          I think this is one of the most important qualities of a Foreign Minister.
          Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

If what happened with the first turn is rectified, then I'm wholeheartedly with you on the intimate communication thing.

Also, I think rotating positions among active team mates is a good idea...as head of the Military, though...hehe

Errr...seriously, it's more fun if you can get these communications issues settled up front.
            "If you're not having fun, then you're losing the game."-Copyright Warrior Poet 11/18/2002 "No plan survives first contact with the enemy."-Tsun Tzu -Don't know when B.C.

Comment

Originally posted by punkbass2000
              I agree with Calc. Oddly enough, a person with the personality you appeared to possess during the chat today seems perfect for making the other team think he is on their side. Play good cop/bad cop with Trip He'll demand something outrageous, then generously request something less
              I'm the master of manipulation of the enemy by any and all means.

Comment

I wouldn't mind being an ambassador for another civ.
                Revolution Gaming - Revolution Technology

Comment

Sounds good.

Now all we need is another team to have an ambassador for.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                    Sounds good.

Now all we need is another team to have an ambassador for.
                    Maybe we find one before summer

Comment

When is the next turn to be done?
                      "If you're not having fun, then you're losing the game."-Copyright Warrior Poet 11/18/2002 "No plan survives first contact with the enemy."-Tsun Tzu -Don't know when B.C.

Comment

I got a task for you ( :-) ): check out the F11 screen in our save game and see which civs established a city and which ones decided to move their settler.
                        Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

For me? I'll need to find the save file first...but once I do, that should be no problem.

Comment

How to send saves to the next team

I've been contacted by a Legoland agent, and though I was tempted to melt the legoman, I pretended to be friendly,
                            When sending our save to Legoland , they requested we email it to both

Jack_www: wewon2002@hotmail.com
                            and
                            Vondrack: vondrack@jimaz.cz

Vondrack is their main gameplayer right now, jack their reserve.

GoW has the save now I believe.

That is all.

Comment

Thanks.

Now check the F11 screen like he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X