AI Frenzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI Frenzy

Is it just me, or does the AIFrenzy code also effect diplomacy. I seem to remember the reason i stopped using it (in MM2 this was) was because diplomacy was almost deemed a pointless option within CtP2 due to AI Frenzy, eg the AI was 100% un-cooprative and things like peace treaties alliances where tottaly out of the questioin. I also seem to remember the AI being utterly un-trustworthy and quite a bore to play.

Is this AI Frenzy that does all this.. or .... not ??

The thing is i want to start a new game that I intend on playing till the bitter end, but i only play MM2 which is outdated. I want a better AI than the standard game though, cause i know the standard AI is pretty dumb but also remember what i have mentioined about the AI Frenzy So am I just asking to much, are my options limited cause im playing such an old mod or what ?
    I seem to remember a code that i think Martin done called better AI, but this is only for Cradle AFAIK.

Oh well, I wait for a interesting (or rather not) reply

P.S. I also remember the Unit Upgrade code doing very strange things in MM2

-James
    My avatar to be
    Attached Files
    Oxygen should be considered a drug
    Tiberian Sun Retro
    My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
    http://www.tiberiumsun.com

mm2 got unit upgrades? when?

Comment

The AI Frenzy code does change the AI’s perception of the human player as the game progresses. Essentially, the AI’s hate towards the heathen swine you call citizens will grow as you prosper. So yes, the AI Frenzy code will affect diplomacy.

The vanilla game’s AI is waaaaaay too passive and the AI Frenzy code was one way to address this. I can remember reading somewhere that somebody was looking at improving the code, but I haven’t seen anything since. Does anybody know anything about this? Has anybody tried improving the AI’s inherent passiveness?

I may be wrong, but I think Martin’s Better AI code lets the AI use transports; not sleep on roads; and build roads around cities amongst other things. It doesn’t affect how the AI interacts with you. It should work with MM2 (I think).
      If something doesn't feel right, you're not feeling the right thing.

Comment

I never understood why it had to make the AI get so angry for no reason. I mean, in the default game an AI will get angry at you anyway for the right reasons. And making the AI angry, with code, on purpose, ruins a fantastic part of the game, diplomacy.

Cant it be written to just tell the AI, when it makes a cold enemy, [make BIG stacks] and [move multiple stacks at weak/key targets].
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Huag Shang
          mm2 got unit upgrades? when?
          Yep, its an optional SLIC along with AI Frenzy that is not included by default. It says in the readme how to enable it, i cant remember off hand but its really simple

Originally posted by Devil of Truth
          It doesn’t affect how the AI interacts with you. It should work with MM2 (I think).
          Nope, i think its specifically for Cradle, (like AI Frenzy and Unit upgrader where b4 they where converted) think there maybe a WOW version too but no MM2

Originally posted by Maquiladora
          No need to quote, cause what youve said i agree 100%. Even if there where 2 versions of AI Frenzy for ppl who like the way it is now and people who actually want to be able to use a massive feature of the game (DIPLOMACY). I really hope someone can fix this

-James
          Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

Re: AI Frenzy

Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
            I seem to remember a code that i think Martin done called better AI, but this is only for Cradle AFAIK.
            SMIFFGIG, I have adapted some of Martin’s BetterAI code for MedMod. I haven’t tested it, so I cannot guarantee that it will work.

Let me know.
            Attached Files

Comment

DP
              "Kill a man and you are a murder.
              Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
              Kill all and you are a God!"
              -Jean Rostand

Comment

Originally posted by Devil of Truth
                The vanilla game’s AI is waaaaaay too passive and the AI Frenzy code was one way to address this. I can remember reading somewhere that somebody was looking at improving the code, but I haven’t seen anything since. Does anybody know anything about this? Has anybody tried improving the AI’s inherent passiveness?
                Once upon the time whaen i had plenty of time to mod and slic I made new version of the frenzy code. Based on regard rather than a new count of hate level. In which it move more than the 2 biggest civ armies but 4 of the bisggest civ armies. And in the same way it handled those land armies it would handle the Sea armies (Navies) too.
                Everything looked tully nice. until i start playing with debbug silic = Yes.
                I just couldnt figure out how to fix the debbug slic errors. And even though people say debug slic errors may not affect the game i left the project before even test it with debbug silic = No.
                And jumped into the strategies.txt trying to solve the AI passiveness through texts. Now i believe this is the best way to go. Although nothing really amazing good was done yet.
                You guy may try to give this code a shot with Debug Slic = No. Or a experienced slicer can try to solve my mistakes.

After further testing. Working or not... I tried

Note: It will give slic errors if used together with Martin´s better AI code because i copied some functions in it.
                Attached Files
                -Jean Rostand

Comment

There is some flags in the ai which lets you make the ai make more units quickly by around turn 25 they had some 50 units or so.
                  plus air units.
                  "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                  The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                  Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Cool, thanx DoT and Pedrunn

Ill test Pedrunns and probably end up using DoT's conversion as standard in MM2

Does anyone have a list of the changes in BetterAI.SLC ?
                    Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
                      Cool, thanx DoT and Pedrunn

Ill test Pedrunns and probably end up using DoT's conversion as standard in MM2

Does anyone have a list of the changes in BetterAI.SLC ?
                      I would say download GoodMod v.1.0 and compare MG_BetterAI.slc with MM2_BetterAI.slc from the *.zip file, the differences should be found in the first eight functions that contain all the units in the according mod. I recommend to use the version of BetterAI.slc from this mod than the outdated version from this thread.

-Martin
                      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Thanks Martin. I will update my files too.

Comment

These files should be in the directory

AI Frenzy 2
                          &
                          BetterAI for MM2

im about to try them both now (abit late i know) ill get back to you

ive started a game and im on an island (fairly big one) so i hope that one or both of these slic codes can make it so that the AI lands on my island to attack and/or settle
                          Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

Both together???

If yes dont forget to delete the repeated functions
                            -Jean Rostand

Comment