Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official: The last DTC poll ever: Freshwater sea bases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: The last DTC poll ever: Freshwater sea bases?

One or two weeks ago I posted a poll asking how much sea colony pods we should build near the Freshwater Sea. Result was to build some. I haven't asked yet though what we should do with those sea CPs. Hence this poll. It's multichoice and you have three days. Please select how many bases you want to found, and then, select your preferred locations under the options provided below (or write-in). Naturally, if you vote "one base", please only vote for one location, and if you vote "two bases', choose two lcations.

Happy voting!
    Attached Files
    Build no sea bases in the Freshwater Sea!
    14.29%
    Build one sea base in the Freshwater Sea!
    11.43%
    1: red
    8.57%
    1: yellow
    0.00%
    1: green
    2.86%
    1: light blue
    0.00%
    1: dark blue
    0.00%
    1: purple
    14.29%
    1: orange
    0.00%
    1: white
    0.00%
    1: gray
    0.00%
    1: brown
    0.00%
    Build two sea bases in the Freshwater Sea!
    20.00%
    2: red
    8.57%
    2: yellow
    0.00%
    2: green
    0.00%
    2: light blue
    0.00%
    2: dark blue
    0.00%
    2: purple
    0.00%
    2: orange
    0.00%
    2: white
    5.71%
    2: gray
    5.71%
    2: brown
    5.71%
    Write-in
    2.86%

The poll is expired.

Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

I think we should send in an empath gunship or other unit first to map out the black area. Then we'll know better where to build. However with its 3 special resources, I think red is a good spot.

And no to the extra land base, use those rockies for crawlers, we're badly in need of mines to crawl from, so we don't have to keep using forests.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Actually that land base was already decided in a previous poll. I just indicated to make the sea base choice easier.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

1/purple

Comment

great Minds think alike...
          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

No bases in the sea. They're of more worth to us being Trawled for Nuts and Energy.

No need for the Empath Gunship either. No fungus in there.
            Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

But there are pods that could hold IoDs. And becasue we have New Suez we can just send the Empath Gunship out into the ocean once it's finished in the freshwater sea.
              Smile

Comment

No sea bases. It will be difficult to support such a base with minerals, and energy output doesn't recompensate it (it will take ages to build simple energy bank in a sea base...). Besides, our super-mega bases like NA and NS can quickly make trawlers to be more super-mega bases.

Comment

If you absolutly *MUST* build a boat.....make it a coastal.

(2)-3t-4

That costs 20 mins, just like a garrison. Far better than your 1e-1-4, which would have far more limited usage long term.
                  Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

How about simply having one of the sea former explore the region ?

I think there is no xenofungus in the freshwater sea ( which is the reason why it is so nutrient friendly I guess).

If it finds any sign of fungus, then we'll decide if it is necessary to build an boat or not.

But if we are to build one, I am in favor of the emapth one. The weapons and armors of the coastal will do us no good as it will be more likely to encounter xenoworms than enemy faction.

And for longer use, there is the upgrade option...

Comment

I think maybe a 1e-1t-4 just to explore and pop pods, because against worms or IoDs there is no point in having better defence, and a (2)-3t-4 isn't enough use against the Hive to compensate spending more now IMO. Besides, as DEI, I need an explore ship to pop pods pretty urgently, as I'm a little trepid about using important and expensive probe foils to do it, when they have much better uses (infiltration).
                      Smile

Comment

Base at purple and an empath gunship for pod popping and exploring outside. Could do with another sea former as well
                        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Two bases in the sea (Lets get all these votes and energy !!!) : red and brown, but this poll is biased since people who voted for one base generally voted purple, making it overlaping a lot on the second base.
                          "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
                          "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

Very true, if 2 bases wins, then repoll with options of 2 together (as in 1 vote for red/brow or red/purple etc.) rather than just voting for each base individually.
                            Smile

Comment

No bases. The three specials are already in the radii of existing bases, and the lack of minerals in the sea makes a base there very unattractive. It would be far better to plant kelp and trawl the food to our other bases for their growth.

Why would we pop the pods with a foil and not a transport? If there is an AA there we will lose its benefits! We should send a transport in there, with 1e-1-4 backup in case the pods are infested with IoD.

Comment

Working...
                              X