MOO1/MOO2 Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOO1/MOO2 Music

I recently discovered Dan Van Crone's website with all of the MOO2 music available as mp3's, and it brought back nothing but sweet memories. Laura Barrett made some outstanding music for that game that in my opinion captured the feel of the different races perfectly. I can only hope that MOO3 will have a score of similar quality.

My favorite pieces aren't specific to any races, though. The Galactic Council music is nothing short of brilliant, and I very much like the Ship Design tune too. It's difficult to pick a favorite among the race themes. They just fit them each like a glove. What do you think? Is there any race you felt had the wrong music?

I'm a big fan of MOO1's music made by Dave Glovett and George "The Fatman" Singer too, and I must admit I had my doubts back in the day that MOO2 would be able to match it, but it did match, and in many cases surpass, it much to my joy. Again, let's hope MOO3 does the same!

Now if only I could find some MOO1 midis...

(For those of you who, like me until recently, haven't found their way to Dan Van Crone's site with MOO2 music, it's located at http://dvc.f2o.org/moo2/moo2.htm)

Some moo midi. Not the stunning opening tune, though.

C.
    Attached Files

Comment

I found a site that has a midi of the opening theme from MOO1, as well as some music from a couple of other games.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

Originally posted by Foxhound View Post
        Laura Barrett made some outstanding music for that game that in my opinion captured the feel of the different races perfectly.
        I'm a big fan of MOO1's music made by Dave Glovett and George "The Fatman" Singer too
        It's Laura Barratt (with an A) and David Govett (without an L).

Yes, this thread is 10 years old but still showing up when searching for who did the music for MOO games.

Comment

Never played the music in either in these years. Did not even use the sound in Moo1 for the first 5 years or so.

Comment

Working...
          X