Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A builder's strategy in multiplayer ? Experiment in the PtW Demogame

Hi !
    It's my first post on the strategy forum, and I'm not directly talking about strategy

As you know it, a Democracy Game is setting up in multiplayer, in the PtW Democracy Game forum. I am a member of the builder's team (now named Legoland) and I come to inform you on our team.

We want to play the game with a builder strategy (although not an extremist one). This can be especially interesting because MP is rumored to be an early slaughterhouse where builder strategy has no chance. However, we in the team believe this can be proven wrong.

The Legoland team is an interesting experiment to know how far a builder policy can go in a MP Democracy Game, and it will teach us much for the coming multisite Democracy Game. Also, having several builder's thinking together can overall increase our general skill in building, like the SP Democracy Game increased the general skill of its members at Civ3.
    If you are a builder who wants to apply this strategy in a challenging environment, the Legoland team is for you !

(crap, I really am a lousy advertiser )
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Your doin' just fine Spiff. And let me say, building defintely has its place, just as war and diplomacy do.

I hope you find a few members.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Spif:PBEM forum
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

erm, right, I'll give it a shot, when I come back from Uni.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Spiffor, you might want to take a look at some of the threads on peaceful strategies, such as:

or

Also, any threads on OCC games will be valuable.

Best of luck.
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I would try to place the cities on hills and actually ON the strategic resources if possible. This will better allow you to survive a siege by the warmongers and prevent at least one city from being cut off from the resource tile.

Can't say that I've tried it but it would seem a logical strategy.

Comment

Spiff's posting join or die ads everywhere.

Comment

Working...
              X