Is the AI able to conquer you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the AI able to conquer you?

I only want to hear your opinion. I always play at deitiy levels with no bonusses, okay, I play often scenarios and the AI have often a bigger territory and if not it's okay for me. I like the idea of the same chance.

But I always think there is no way for him to take a single of my cities. Sometimes it happens with border cities, One time I saw 100 Russian Kossacks rushing towards me (I used 2 Nukes!).

But only one time for years!

But when was he ever able to attack me effiently or was able to defend himself? In general I always successful in taking his whole country.

What do YOU think and if you agree, what to do? Making the AI-Units much cheaper? Infanterie 10 shields, Cavalry 20?

Or giving yourself a timelimit? If you want to upgrade your armies, impossible to do in one turn. Yes, reforming an army is a life task.

Funny ideas, but would end in chaos.

I always play at deitiy levels with no bonusses
    That sounds more like some sort of disorted Regent level.

What about trying real Deity level?

Comment

I am not sure I understand your set up. It is not impossble to beat the AI at any level without any trickery, if that is what you are talking about. It is possible to lose at deity if you have a bad start location and play with no reloads on a random map (no editor or mods), at least it is for me.

Comment

For him to have nukes against cossacks sounds like cheiftan level to be so far ahead in tech.

If you want your ass kicked good, start a game with max civs on pagnea map and true deity level and declare war on everybody. I am only too sure that you wont get to launch your spaceship.

I have found the AI to be a worthy opponent many times and fighting against 5 or more civs at a time can be exhausting to say the least. Yes it does have some habitual tendencies which are easy to exploit when fighting a winnable war. I got well and truly crushed on a monarch game where the other eight remaining civs ganged up on me, the persians can be a very hard enemy to beat.
        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
          For him to have nukes against cossacks sounds like cheiftan level to be so far ahead in tech.

To all: Please stop bashing at me. I will try to explain

My observation base is the game equal empire vs. equal empire. Perhaps the one is bigger than the other but if a certain ammount of cities is reached it's almost the same. When you have 20 cities it's not important if your enemies has cities from 10-60. He has no chance of conquering you, because he hasn't any strategy. He got units, these units attack. This is my observation.

To the deitylevel and some of my preferences please check

I wrote it a minute ago. It seems others has a problem with it too, so obviously I am the problem here. Perhaps now it is clearer what I meant. I have no interest in a normal game, I usually play scenarios. That is my focus on the game.

BTW: The Cossacks-event occurs long time ago, don't know why it was. Perhaps they had lazy scientists, perhaps it was only the first part of the army and the super-ultra-armors were right behind them. Too long ago. Sorry.

Comment

ai

there are human players now

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
              ai

there are human players now
              Uhm ... yes, I meant the AI.

Comment

Working...
              X