No announcement yet.

New traits.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Firaxis could put not only new treats but also new forms of mobilizations. In addition to the normal ones Normal, and Militaristic, there could be:

Jihad ( fundamentalistic ): no war weary but could not be done by some governments. Also easyer draft. Other civs will start to hate you if you stay in it too long.

Scientific: all miltary units and structures cost twice but boosts research. also cannot declare war (people do want to fight they just want to do their lab homework)

Hiperproduction: Economy will suffer badly, but there will be great boost on building and unit production. (good for space race)

Cultural: decrease military but increase culture tremendously. Good for gaining points or boosting the other civ opinion for you.

what do you think. Can you come up with other mibilizations.

Comment

there can be a "relaxing" or "resting" mobilization - heavily decreases production, but cities grow much faster.

Comment

I am not convinced of the use of mobilization levels. Well all right all additions are welcome.

Comment

I'd vote for :
          - "Cultural"... but "Artistic" sounds better IMHO : happier people, more culture, cheaper new improvements like "museum"... Wonders like Shakespeare, Bach, Sixtine or Oracle should be "Artistic". And civs like France, Greece, Arabs or Rome (for Italy !).
          - "Universal"... Very good idea ! US, Rome, Persia.
          And the new "maritime" trait, with more deplacements and cheaper harbors. England, Vikings, Spanish.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatalis2
            I'd vote for :
            - "Cultural"... but "Artistic" sounds better IMHO : happier people, more culture, cheaper new improvements like "museum"... Wonders like Shakespeare, Bach, Sixtine or Oracle should be "Artistic". And civs like France, Greece, Arabs or Rome (for Italy !).
            - "Universal"... Very good idea ! US, Rome, Persia.
            And the new "maritime" trait, with more deplacements and cheaper harbors. England, Vikings, Spanish.
            hi ,

agreed , with new traits we need new buildings , units , wonders , etc , .....

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

hmm... i don't know if anybody noticed this, but, if you implement all the changes suggested in this forum, you'd end up with something similar to alpha centauri... which isn't a bad thing.

however, i think that just giving the civs two traits is severely limiting. also, fundamentalism should be brought back in, with it's drawback in science and diplomacy and advantages in offense and terro... err, espionage.

Comment

Or fundamentalism can be a govt type, with corruption same as in Despotism, no scientific research, but bonus to units´ attack value.

Comment

uhm... since when does fundamentalism have attack bonus?

in fact, fundamentalists are usually not very well organised, have weaker weapons and use guerilla warfare-like tactics.

the only ADvantage they have in comparison to others is not being afraid of dying. so to me, representing fundamentalism could maybe give 1 HP more, but definetly not more attack...
                  - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                  - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XXIV
                    I like Nationalistic...... .

I also like opposite, Universal.
                    Surely the opposite of Universal would be Xenophobic??

How about a Narrowview or Shortsighted trait (ignorance of other Civs diplomatic gaffs)

Or how about Superstitious - the reverse of Scientific?

My point is this - it gets very hard to balance one Civ getting benefits from one trait if another Civ gets benefits from its opposite trait...

So I think positive traits are the way to go - and I'm disappointed that no present Civ can build cities on mountains.
                    Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                    "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

in SMAC, fundy's got attack bonus due to "fanatical zeal". the way you describe it, it sounds like they should get lower retreat rates...

also, civ2 gave them "lesser penalties for espionage" since the reasoning was that everybody else was expecting it. that makes sense, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkle
                        Or fundamentalism can be a govt type, with corruption same as in Despotism, no scientific research, but bonus to units´ attack value.
                        hi ,

, they should have a UU with that trait , ....

"fundamentalists" , they should come at a low production cost

have a nice day
                        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cruddy
                          My point is this - it gets very hard to balance one Civ getting benefits from one trait if another Civ gets benefits from its opposite trait...

So I think positive traits are the way to go - and I'm disappointed that no present Civ can build cities on mountains.
                          I thought about it already and I came up with the idea that every civ could have a degree of nationalism. Nationalistic civs will rise in resistance against foreign rulers and integrate harder in other civs. Unnationalistic civs will integrate others quicker and the other civs are less likely to go in resistance.

Comment

Working...
                          X