This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

/me makes mental note to make a ctp2 faq in the faqs section

/me tries to make a mental note into locutus head to add the most crucial question: "where can i buy ctp2?", as well as the answer "via the apolyton links at only $14.99!"
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Oops, thanks for bumping this thread, I had totally forgotten about it. I was actually preparing to do some serious maintanance to the actual FAQ (which is the one you most need to put in the FAQs section ), but this thread needs some work as well...

Hmmm, we're actually actively promoting everywhere else that you should be able to pick the game up for $5-10 at local shops, so $14.99 is actually quite a lot... My motto is: don't pay more than $15, it ain't needed and it ain't worth it. So the Chipts&Bits and Amazon prices are only barely acceptable. But I'll see if what I can do
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

i dont think i've seen ctp2 in greek stores for 5-10$...
        perhaps ctp1, but not ctp2....

we found the 14.99$ price only last week. amazon's stock is over. we are showing the chips&bits price cause they shirp worldwide...

Comment

new price found! $9.99
          Civilization: Call To Power 2

Comment

Hello,

I have looked over the past threads and on the net ect. So I will post the question here: Does anyone know where the CTPII info went on the offical Activisiton site or why it is not longer there? Is CTP going to be produce by a different vendor? If you goto the Activision site in no longer makes any referance to CTP or CTPII.

Thanks!

Comment

have we bought it?

Comment

Paulidog,
                Damn, you're right. It was still there a few months ago

The reason for this is no doubt because the game is too old and they're no longer supporting it
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Bummer,

I was hoping for a new version to come out. My old version quite working for me a few months back. Oh well.

Comment

Maybe its because we *****ed at them about the MP servers
                    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Does that improve our chances of getting the code/rights? Get Vel back on the case
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

They're releasing the code now. I'm sure everyone knows this though.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulidog
                          Hello,

I have looked over the past threads and on the net ect. So I will post the question here: Does anyone know where the CTPII info went on the offical Activisiton site or why it is not longer there? Is CTP going to be produce by a different vendor? If you goto the Activision site in no longer makes any referance to CTP or CTPII.

Thanks!
                          Well in the meantime there you can find the stuff about CTP2 on Activions site again, but it is not so obvious anymore, the FAQs are there again, also I recommend rather the answers you can find here on them then there, and also the patch is available there again. Unfortunatly you have to search it under downloads and have to go from there to other patches. Well better download it from the Apolyton directory.

-Martin
                          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Help for Canadians

* MarkG tries to make a mental note into locutus head to add the most crucial question: "where can i buy ctp2?", as well as the answer "via the apolyton links at only $14.99!"
                            I've looked everywhere on the Apolyton site and the only place I could see to buy CTP2 was on Amazon. So of course I go over there and find 8 or so places that sell either new or used copies. Turns out that either every single one is out of stock, and/or does not ship to Canada! Actually I have a sneaking suspicion that none of them ship to Canada. Amazon.ca doesn't even sell video games, so they're no help!

Thus my question is this: How in the world can a get a copy?!? Is there something I've missed? Am I just out of luck???

Please help me because I love CTP and just found out that there is a sequal and want very much to get a copy! Pleeeese!!!!

Comment

Theres 13 copies of CtP2 found on ebay "available to Canada".

Id go for
                              this one as its in the US, its the cardboard box style and probably has the wallchart with it. As inaccurate as the chart is on units, it can be helpful learning the tech tree.

Of course this is all useless if you dont want to use ebay.
                              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

No, that's perfect, thanks!

Still kind of annoying that there is no "official" way to get it, just in case it wasn't on eBay. But still, I will now get my copy.

Thank you!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X