Need a way to quickly tell what PBEM games are still open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a way to quickly tell what PBEM games are still open

I am frustrated after having read zillions of threads in this forum try to find openings in PBEM games (haven't found one yet, for the record).

We need a way to tell hopefully without a need to open the thread, whether the game in question is already started or still waiting for players. Ideally some whay of identifying those threads from the thread list. Otherwise, some convention for the first post in each thread detailing whether the game is open or closed, and on open games as much info as possible.

I know some do this already, but some don't so you find yourself reading page XXX of their thread when they say, that's it, now its closed, lets start playing

Moderators, please help!!!
    Civ fanatic since 1994

Exactly!

How about creating a forum for game announcements only? One could open a thread, describing the proposed parameters of the game, whoever wants to join could notify the owner of the thread via email or pm, and when the game started the owner could post a "we are full" message to the thread (and the mods could then remove it).
    Care for some gopher?

Did you know that in GalCiv, the AI makes you think you are playing against humans? Stop laughing, they mean it!!!

Comment

I hate to bring up other forums here. but I will. Planet ACOL

You have 2 seperate forums.

the first one is for PBEM games wanted or offered. Once a game fills up we can PM the moderator to lock the thread.

The second one is for PBEM games in progress. Any game discussions between the players can occur there.

Comment

You should take a look at the recruitment center thread(s) in the CTP multiplay forum, and do something similar here.

Comment

Originally posted by delmar
          Exactly!

How about creating a forum for game announcements only? One could open a thread, describing the proposed parameters of the game, whoever wants to join could notify the owner of the thread via email or pm, and when the game started the owner could post a "we are full" message to the thread (and the mods could then remove it).
          All they'd really have to do is lock it...
          We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness... T. Jefferson "The Declaration of Independence"

Comment

If people would agree to assist with it, I would create a single topped thread that would have links to all open games, and delete them when full. Just need the thread owners to PM me a link when they start a thread, and PM me when it is full...
            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Unorthodox, sounds like an idea
              Civ fanatic since 1994

Comment

OK, I got it up. Please post any suggestions, comments, or links to games I may have missed on the initial setup.

Will improve it over time, but it is functional at least.

WOW! and a special thanks to DanQ for the speedy topping of it!
                Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; November 14, 2002, 13:11.
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

well I have an open spot in my pbem game. If anyone wants to play just let me know. Although we have already played a few turns.
                  Donate to the American Red Cross.
                  Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Working...
                  X