Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election: Supreme Military Commander (term 6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election: Supreme Military Commander (term 6)

Candidate
    Thud

Closes in 3 days. 72 hours from this post.

Added: Campaign Thread
    Thud
    77.55%
    Banana
    22.45%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by notyoueither; November 12, 2002, 19:45.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Vote Thud!

The banana in this race is not only rotting, it would make a poor Supreme Military Commander!
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

wow! DIA running for SMC. Now I've seen everything. Would your slogan happen to be a kinder, gentler military?
      Duddha: I will return...
      Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
      "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
      Free California!

Comment

Originally posted by Duddha
        wow! DIA running for SMC. Now I've seen everything. Would your slogan happen to be a kinder, gentler military?

Actually, I suggested to Thud that he ought to establish something like that with a "code of honor" for the military, but I wasn't being terribly serious

Comment

Originally posted by Duddha
          Actually, its "A Lean, Mean Modern Military that Abhores Violence." I just saw the new Thud for SMC bumpersticker.

What sound does a military that abhores violence make when it shows up on the battlefield?

Thud.

(It's a joke, I voted for Thud. Kinda like what sound does a plane make when it crashes to the ground? Boeing, you know, like a rubber ball.)
          Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; November 12, 2002, 22:31.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Actually, it "A Lean, Mean Modern Military that Abhores Violence." I just saw the new Thud for SMC bumpersticker.

What sound does a military that abhores violence make when it shows up on the battlefield?

Thud.

(It's a joke, I voted for Thud. Kinda like what sound does a plane make when it crashes to the ground? Boeing, you know. Like a rubber ball.)

I fully support Thud as well, but that's still funny

Comment

I have every confidence in Thud. I am sure he will do an excellent job. An a fully modern army...with tech advantage
              "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
              --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Err DIA led military.....

I wonder if there's enough support for a Hawk coup'de tas?

Just kidding Thud I voted for you....
                Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

I am not sure how you will be able to exercise the requiste force done a telephone line...
                  "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                  --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Originally posted by Sean
                    I am not sure how you will be able to exercise the requiste force done a telephone line...
                    Pah! Mere telephone lines cannot stop the bloodthirsty Hawks!

Ok you're right I'll shuttup....
                    Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                    Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

No one wants the Banana running our military . Vote Thud, he will do a great job.
                      For your photo needs:
                      http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

I agree with Sheik.

The Banana would hit the "A" key for all military units.
                        This would be really bad.

At least the Banana isn't running for Domestic Minister. Most likely the "A" key would be set to all workers and whatever the inside the game city manager picked would be built.
                        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                        Templar Science Minister
                        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

There seems to be quite a few "War Academy" threads out there right now.

Will a DIA member be able to devise proper military stragety to achieve the goals of our never ending conquests?
                          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Hm. This is a tough one.
                            (imagine two people sitting at computer, one rotten banana lieing on keyboard, one lively human typing away)
                            Time to pull out the magic coin...

Thote Vud.

It must really show the people's hatred for the Banana being the national God, if we are calling them rotten and all.
                            , for the Great Banana has a
                            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

The Banana currently has 21.95% of the vote.

[EDIT] Wrong day, it's all running together...........

E_T
                              Last edited by E_T; November 14, 2002, 16:54.
                              Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                              Worship the Comic here!
                              Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Working...
                              X