Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best mediterranean country?

to live in and or visit?

yes I have nothing smarter to do but lets face it, mediterranean has that something special

it was the center or ancient trade and civilisation

climate is mild and very good to live, you probably heard of 'mediterranean climate' named after it, which can be found in south africa, california, etc but was named after mediterranean

mediteranean cousine is considered healthy and nutricious (no, italian pasta and pizzas are not mediteranean cousine)

people are generally not more lazy then people in colder norhtern parts, but are more 'pleasure oriented' so to speak

you can swim in M without running into glaciers, etc etc

Its shores are very different, and are inhabited by different nations and cultures. The north is catholic, the south is muslim, and we even have small orthodox bunch

so, in your oppinion, what is the best mediterranean country?

for me, there is no doubt

Israel is dangerous
    Italy is overrated crime-ridden mafia country
    Greece is the appendix of balkans in every meaning of the word
    France is not really a mediteranean country IMHO
    Spain is cool, but mass tourism distroyed their nature and their beaches suck in general
    Muslim countries are covering their women
    Albania is plain dangerous
    Montenegro is less dangerous, but a bit backward
    Slovenia is a warmonger and workaholic too

which brings me to - Croatia

we have the best coast, many islands, unpoluted (no industry), no mass tourism

we are not as loud as Italians, hairy as the greeks, inacessible as the french (we speak english ) or conservative as the muslims

I cant find any flaws to the spanish

we have the best wine, cheese and olives in the mediterranean. and girls

we are acessible from europe (new highway connecting the coast to be completed in 2004) and we have no terrorism and very little crime

you have to love this country

but please vote according to your conscience, feel free to ignore the facts I mentioned
    Croatia
    4.00%
    Bosnia
    0.00%
    Montenegro
    0.00%
    Albania
    0.00%
    Greece
    12.00%
    Turkey
    6.67%
    Syria
    0.00%
    Israel
    10.67%
    Egypt
    0.00%
    Libya
    2.67%
    Tunis
    1.33%
    Algeria
    0.00%
    Morocco
    1.33%
    Spain
    13.33%
    France
    8.00%
    Italy
    36.00%
    Slovenia
    2.67%
    Palestine
    1.33%

Malta
    CSPA

Comment

wohoo Croatia in the lead

Comment

Well, I can't chose which country is "best".
        But medterenean (from messo geios) means asu know the center of the world and to that I agree fully. :cool"

Comment

*notices paiktis is here*

Turkey!
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I forgot Malta dammnit. And cyprus, ****
            ah well

Comment

Slovenia a wormonger?

and Palestine isn't a med country. EDIT: except the Gaza Strip I guess.
              CSPA

Comment

Italy, duh!
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Slovenia a wormonger?

oh yes. they are small and have stealth ability on the map, but all their neighbours are wary of them. trust me

and Palestine isn't a med country

what about the gaza strip?

Comment

I don't think Malta is that great. And Turkey is a beautiful country!
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I've always admired Israel for its democracy in a mostly totalitarian region and for the things they've accompliced economically and socially, against all odds (to put it lightly).

I'd like to visit Israel, and also Egypt some day.

"Palestine" is not a country BTW.

Comment

Italy, duh!

perhaps for Italians, but when they charge you for sitting in a restaurant they seem a bit inhospitable

and crime is significant

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                          Slovenia a wormonger?

oh yes. they are small and have stealth ability on the map, but all their neighbours are wary of them. trust me

and Palestine isn't a med country

There is no country called Palestine. Not yet at least.
                          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

yep.

I would like to go to Croatia (and to wormongering Slovenia for skiing). Especially if you get to host the EC...
                            CSPA

Comment

I also admire Israel for many things Winston. But I wouldnt like to live there, too militaristic (although they have to be)

and 'is palestine a country' is not the point of this poll.

Comment

Working...
                              X