Best mediterranean country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida of the EU?

Well that's funny you should mention it because when Greece was about to enter the EU some people in Greece asked themselves: so what we going to become in that monster block?

And the punchline was: the waiters of Europe

Comment

That was used as a retort of the opposition to the governing party IIRC for lack of investments in heavy industry and other productive sectors.
      Last edited by Bereta_Eder; November 12, 2002, 17:20.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
        I think Italy is already on that track, with about 48% of population over 60 years old. And most of them live up to 85+ years (my grandgrandmother is going to be 103 in a few months )

wow. my oldest granny is 90. had a hard life under at least 5 different regimes, never learned to write but still going strong

do old folks from for example germany move to Italy, or is that 48% just your own old folks?

you are going to need a lot of immigrants to help the economy

bad luck for you, you mostly get albanians which come together with their mafia.
        yup.

the anti-Mafia commettee already stated that the Albanese Mafia is already running over half of the former Sicilian and Neaples Mafia stuff.

And yes... those are just our own old folks

That's why even Berlusconi had to create laws PROTECTING immigration, rather than outlawing it.

Saluti
        "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
        The trick is the doing something else."
        — Leonardo da Vinci
        "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
        "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

BTW Vetty, I have already visited Croatia (when you were still in Yugoslavia).

I only remember some very nice buildings in (what's the name of the capital?) oh yes Zagreb (sp in english?)

Comment

the anti-Mafia commettee already stated that the Albanese Mafia is already running over half of the former Sicilian and Neaples Mafia stuff.

didnt Carla I eat little kids for lunch del Ponte become famous by cracking some tough mafiosos? Let her loose on albanians Balkan states would be grateful

I only remember some very nice buildings in (what's the name of the capital?) oh yes Zagreb (sp in english?)

Zagreb is my hometown. if you get here again, all the drinks are on me

Comment

Same here whenever you visit Athens

Comment

And the punchline was: the waiters of Europe

yes too much service industry is bad
                in Croatia we have some shipyards which are big industry but are unprofitable so there are going to be lot more waiters to compete with you

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion

didnt Carla I eat little kids for lunch del Ponte become famous by cracking some tough mafiosos? Let her loose on albanians Balkan states would be grateful

Zagreb is my hometown. if you get here again, all the drinks are on me
                  Well, when the Italian mafia guys went down, the Albanese were ready to sub them off .

Saluti
                  "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
                  The trick is the doing something else."
                  — Leonardo da Vinci
                  "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
                  "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

LOOOL I can't believe you really said Croatia is superior to Italy and Greece

The only thing I can recall about Croatia actually are war and doped, ugly female skiers
                    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I have been to Italy, have you been to Croatia Datajack?

and ahem, we kick your ass in football so if you need some more of it you know where to go

Comment

ugly female skiers

she is a godess!!

this means war you ignorant albertotombist!!!!

Comment

and ahem, we kick your ass in football so if you need some more of it you know where to go
                          lol and remember what happened to croatian team after that match?

she is a godess

She's the goddess of uglyness and of the total lack of ski tecnique

For apolytoners- and poor Paiktis living in a mountainless country aka not even a chance have some slightest interest to the winter olympics we're talking about Janica Kostelic
                          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

The Florida of Europe must be Spain, especially the Alicante area (Costa Blanca?) and the Canary Islands.
                            CSPA

Comment

Actually we are not mountainless. We have plenty of mountains.

It's just that for some reason skiing never caught on in this country as a widespread sport.

There's snow in winter BTW in many of those mountains and there are skiing centers.

It just didn;t caught on.

(maybe because sea skiing was far more accessible? )

Comment

We'll be waiting for the first greek olympic gold in the next games then

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                                X