No announcement yet.

Best mediterranean country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd just keep my distances from Croatia for quite a few years to come. (make that decades).

I m eager to visit greece on the other hand, as soon as I can

I ll just make sure to have my kidneys safely stored somwhere before I go

Comment

Besides, Greece has the largest tourism in all med: 11 million tourists per years so I can take the poll slap.

P.S. About your kidneys, you can sell it to your albanian mafia, when (like always) you're short of cash

Comment

Re: Best mediterranean country?

Originally posted by VetLegion
        Israel is dangerous
        Well? Dont you want some action?
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I just thing that polls like this are inherently pointless

I do too. That is why I put 'best' and I could have been more specific (best for tourism, best to live, best to see...etc)

I hope for a general discussion about mediteranean countries

instead I get your trolling (expected) and not much else

because our fellow posters dont really understand mediterrasnean and its differences (not unlike I dont see differences between types of snow in baltic countries or somehting )

Italy is generally very overrated. so is greece

and all med countries lost somewhat of the old traditions as they become more modern

like beer is more and more popular in dalmatia, where wine used to be the drink and so on

Comment

Besides, Greece has the largest tourism in all med: 11 million tourists per years so I can take the poll slap.

exactly! that is bad. point I try to make

Comment

That's all nice and fine but I'd still not go to Croatia not even under the point of a gun

Comment

Well? Dont you want some action?

girls armed with M16's and with 3 years of military training turn me off

Comment

That's all nice and fine but I'd still not go to Croatia not even under the point of a gun

why? you can pretend you are Macedonian and everyone will like you

any you can tell stories how bad greeks opress you and we ll symphatise

Comment

To try and be consctructive:

I believe that the med (as a geographical characterization) is the most diverse and interesting place on earth.

No where else will one find such diversity and fascinating different cultures. Spain Greece Italy Turkey and Egypt, Maroco Tynise...

It is really the most interesting part of the world any way you look at it.

Comment

which country will become the florida of EU what do you think? where old people come to live becaue of climate.. I hope not croatia damn

Comment

I voted Italy because of patriotism.

But personally I think that most Mediterranean Countries are very beautyful.

Till now I've visited, France, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Lybia and Tunisia, and I must say that i liked them all.

I never been on any of the former yugoslavian repubblic, but next summer I already planned to go all the way from Croatia down to Kosovo (where I have a friend living there) and visit most of those states.

Saluti
                        "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
                        The trick is the doing something else."
                        — Leonardo da Vinci
                        "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
                        "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                          which country will become the florida of EU what do you think? where old people come to live becaue of climate.. I hope not croatia damn
                          I think Italy is already on that track, with about 48% of population over 60 years old. And most of them live up to 85+ years (my grandgrandmother is going to be 103 in a few months )

Saluti
                          "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
                          — Leonardo da Vinci
                          "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu

Comment

wow you are well travelled giovanni

I never been on any of the former yugoslavian repubblic, but next summer I already planned to go all the way from Croatia down to Kosovo (where I have a friend living there) and visit most of those states.

Croatia-Montenegro-Kosovo? With or without Bosnia? theoretically they have some sea (croatian sea really) so they are also mediterranean country, but they are not so in character. Very unique place. Where else can you see muslim punk rockers for example? Some good food too. Try to visit it also.

Comment

I think Italy is already on that track, with about 48% of population over 60 years old. And most of them live up to 85+ years (my grandgrandmother is going to be 103 in a few months )

wow. my oldest granny is 90. had a hard life under at least 5 different regimes, never learned to write but still going strong

do old folks from for example germany move to Italy, or is that 48% just your own old folks?

you are going to need a lot of immigrants to help the economy

bad luck for you, you mostly get albanians which come together with their mafia.

Comment

Well, my plan was to make the "real" vacation in Croatia (1, maybe 2, weeks there of sea, discos and girls )
                                Than since one my friend is very good at sailing, and his very rich father owns a sailing boat , my thought would have been to sail all the way down to Montenegro, visiting in the meanwhile the various Croatian Islands, reach Montonegro, and from there go in Kosovo, and visit those my friends.

All this in between the last 2 weeks of July, and the first weeks of August

(good thing of being a student, so you can have a lot of spare time and visit a lot of nerby countries)

Saluti
                                — Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Working...
                                X