Carthage.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carthage.....

Ok. Looks like at least two teams want Carthage as their civ.

Roll Play:
    1st Choice: Carthage
    2nd Choice: Spain

Builder:
    1st Choice: Carthage
    2nd Choice: Egypt

I also hear rumors that another group is considering Carthage. So this thread is to figure out how to resolve this delima.

UnOrthOdOx has volunteered to act as a neutral 3rd party if needed.

I would recomend that each team select a representative, each one decide either heads or tails, then ask unortho to toss a coin. He posts his results, and we move on from there.

Any other suggestions are more than welcome. If Togas does not mind me doing it (it is his dictatorship after all, I would pick tails for us - the Roll Play team) to save some time. However, before we ask Unortho to toss the coin, I would like to see posts from each team considering Carthage regarding their ideas for how to solve this delima.

GK
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Glad I'm not involved in this mess.

Maybe one team could make a deal with the other to concede certain things later on for possession of the Carthaginian civ.

Comment

In this thread, we had several ideas on how to deal with it. I like SirRalph's idea's best, that is to have several third paries to whom the teams PM their choice between stone / paper / scissors.
      Redstar1, SirRalph and Unorthodox have volunteered to be third parties (but Redstar1 is a member of our involved team, so I don't know if the RPers will want him as a judge).

What we now need is for each team to decide what they want between stone, paper and scissors.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
        What we now need is for each team to decide what they want between stone, paper and scissors.
        Just select someone for that.
        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

if we do it that way, just have each team leader send their choice by PM to either SirRalph or Unortho and ask them to judge the results. Not deciding now is only going to hurt us, so the sooner the better.
          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I support our leader, Jack_www, to play RPS against the Roleplayers
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Civ choice is not required to start the team. Is it?

I am not prepared to say that our team will not want one of those mentioned civs.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

NYE... Every other team has finalized its civ choice(s).

Speak up, or forgo the option....

that's just my opinion though...

Comment

I would like to get this done soon so that we can get our team set up. When can we do the rock and paper thing to decide who gets what civ?
                  Donate to the American Red Cross.
                  Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Sorry Arnelos, it has never been discussed that we had to make civ choice now. We understood that we would have till near the end of the month, and that at that point any disputes would be resolved.

The map options haven't even been finalised. If you wish to rush off and pick civs before you know the game you will play, that is your option. We are against that.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

We'll play RPS no matter what you say ! ta ta !

Comment

Spiffor, if our two teams RPS and then NYE's team RPS's the winner, that gives NYE's team an unfair advantage for being LATE.

As such, this essentially forces us to put off our RPS competition. I suggest we use the meantime, as NYE seems to suggest, to re-think our civ choices in light of potential map options (maybe we won't end up competing for Carthage afterall... ok, fat chance of that, but still...)

Comment

I'm not trying to be difficult. However, I thought we had until at least the 25th to get to this point. If it is true that the builders are waiting for a civ assignment to finalise names, then we will try to accomodate by eliminating some choices for ourselves.

Awaiting word on a hastily dispatched PM. Please be patient.

/Edit. And we are not LATE. Nowhere was it stated that a civ choice was required to launch a team. If the builders wish to do that, then fine. Let them. However, this is being sprung on us from my POV. So don't call us LATE.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                            /Edit. And we are not LATE. Nowhere was it stated that a civ choice was required to launch a team. If the builders wish to do that, then fine. Let them. However, this is being sprung on us from my POV. So don't call us LATE.
                            Oh, you know very well I'm just kidding with you

Comment

IF the TTA want Carthage (which is far from being sure, since they're completely opened for now), then they'll get to play RPS against both the Roleplayers and us. The team who has most wins get the Carthaginians. It might mean one of us would roll back to Carthage.

But we're far from being sure Carthage will be picked by the TTA, and I thought you roleplayers wanted to be sure about your Civ choice to start roleplaying as soon as possible...

Comment

Working...
                              X