Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows galore - how many browser windows do you open when you're browsing Poly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows galore - how many browser windows do you open when you're browsing Poly?

I don't know if this is the right place for this thread (probably not), but...

from the inexhaustible "Alex is bored and have nothing better to do" series...

How many browser windows do you open when you're browsing Poly? I usually open two windows; the first one shows me the forum I'm viewing at the moment (for instance, Community) and when I want to read a thread, I open it in a new window.

On a related note: do you think that Poly is user-friendly in terms of usability?
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

2 or 3, usually one per forum, sometimes i open threads in different windows, especially if there is a lag, so i can keep the threadlist available.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

One only (bookmarked at OT), that's enough for me. I don't visit that many other forums.

Comment

Normally one browser per forum. Usually equals about 3 at any one time.

But isn't this OT?
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Just the one. My computer isn't really up to having more than one at a time.
          "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Anywhere from one to 10, and then possibly a bunch of CFC or CGN windows as well. Just depends on how many interesting discussions there are, and how interested I am... At the moment, only 2 Apolyton windows.
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I try to keep it at one, but two are often required to track cut/paste/links/reference for replies etc.

Regarding Usability: Speaking as one who manages 6 corporate sites and uses Poly at both T1 and dialup, PC and Mac, I find that (esp. considering the insane amount of features implemented since acquiring Settler), this site's usability is OUTSTANDING.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

one
                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Usually one. When searching for old stuff or quoting, at most 2 or 3.

Comment

I NEVER left-click. Always open in new window.
                    Meaning it's not unusual to have 20-30 poly windows. And the same from whatever newspaper I'm reading at the same time.

C.

Comment

Right now I have three for Apolyton. Usually when I start my browsing session it goes to some 5-7 windows, then drops a bit, and finally I'm off to silent mode with a single window.
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Right now I have to browser windows open one of Netscape 4.78 and one of Mozilla 1.1. That is the start setting at home, it could increase to 3 - 5 windows. At uni it is normally one window of Konquerer.

-Martin
                        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

If I'm at work, sometimes I use only one window, because with ADSL the pages load fast, but when I'm at home, with a jurassic 56k connection, I find it annoying how long it takes to return to the forum after a post a reply in a thread, for instance.

Edit: hey, I posted this reply using the "Submit reply (return to forum)" button and it is faster! Now, please tell me that this button was implemented a few hours ago, please...
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

months ago

I have about 4 open usually. And then 2 each for the other forums.
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

About 15 windows, but just 2 or 3 of 'em in Apolyton forums.

Comment

Working...
                              X