Should we use any mods ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we use any mods ?

Well, since the question of mods was raised, I feel the first appropriate question is to know if we want to use any mods at all or not.
    I take this poll a bit like "random" vs "fixed" polls : before deciding of specific settings, we should know if we want to specify them.
    Yes
    23.08%
    No
    76.92%

The poll is expired.

"I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

I say no because I feel we'll be stuck in an enormous amount of discussion, in which every detail will have to be settled by a 5 days long poll (Should we give catapults lethal land, lethal sea, both or none ? ; ok, now for the cannon...)
    Since the game is very moddable, we can imagine a ton of propositions arising...
    Now, it's true we're far fewer than in the SPDG, which makes the clutter more mangeable, and we have almost completed deciding the game settings 3 weeks before the game starts, so it's not completely impossible. But I guess it'll be a pain anyways.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

no mods.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

No mods, of course. The vanilla game is good enough and since this is MP, improving the AI isn't that important.

Comment

I would love to see some mods regarding lethal bombardment and era HP bonuses. I would leave the rest the same.
          Remember.... pillage first then burn.

Comment

No mods: That way everyone has an inherant understanding of what the rules are. Less chance of people forgetting that something was set to something else, etc.
            I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

No mod, please, for all those reasons stated above...
              Save the rainforests!
              Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

No mods please. Less confusion later on.
                If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

No mods we playing to master PtW no mod!!
                  Proud member of the PNY Brigade
                  Also a proud member of the The Glory Of War team on PtW-DG

A.D 300, after 5h of playing DonHomer said: "looks like civ2 could be a good way to kill time if i can get the hang of it :P"

Comment

Hmm...
                    So the Tank is 24.24.24 IF we have Hoover Dam while standing on tiptoe at a Fourth of July celebration...what? Manic says he wants the tank to have lethal bombard? Okay, let's shut down the game for five days to have a poll... No offense ManicStarSeed, just an example since I think you said support mods

Please, no mods...this in addition to C3DG-style Constitutions and other ultimate challenges will make my brain explode all over the inside of the tribal cave.
                    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
                    X