Black and White 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black and White 2?

Good lord, this is positive proof that there's no justice.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

If they improve what was bad about the first, it could be a great game.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I read a preview of this, and it sounds like it might offer significant improvements. But I'd be cautious about it.

Comment

I never played the first one, mostly because raising a cuddly cute little avatar sounded too much like The Sims.

2 may offer more of a Populous feel, which I like.

Comment

To justify the title, the pet has got to stay a fairly core part of the design. Since I got sick of the stupid thing after about an hour I learned two things:
          1. I shouldn't try and housetrain puppies.
          2. I shouldn't dream of buying any game even loosely connected with the B&W genre
          Now if Molyneaux starts writing a new Populous style game I'll perk my ears up and start listening....
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

it almost sounds like they are doing what i wanted. check out this link to a post i wrote a long time ago about b&w.
            sadly, i don't even think they will have everything i suggested for a mod of the original b&w. i really don't have any faith in lionhead after b&w. of course their gfx were great and will probably get better.
            Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

I was one of those that quickly bought B&W following give it a try at a friend's house for a few minutes. I bored of it very early in the game. I never really got in to it. I just can't see this game being as successful since many of those that purchased the first one, found it boring.
              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

...Well, at least the game improved AI and offered valuable psychological insights... even if it wasn't really a 'game'

At least it was innovative

The next step from The Sims
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

They must have made enough money from the first one to get the funny idea of a sequel.

But, what about feedbacks? There have to be lots of negative feedbacks out there.

I think I will save my money for SimCity 4.
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                    I think I will save my money for SimCity 4.
                    Agreed. That game will definitely get my money sooner. B&W2 probably wouldn't even be worth the download after the first game. But if it has more to do with big battles led by the gods it might be more fun. That, however, is a big might.
                    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

The only thing I liked about Black and White was smashing up that ape and flinging people across the screen. That bored me quickly however. I will not buy B&W 2 even if it is "improved".
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

They must have made enough money from the first one to get the funny idea of a sequel.
                        It was the 11th or 12th best selling game of the year

I just wish that less games were going 3D... very few play better as 3D...

The only 3D game that I like and own is Empire Earth... and even then, most of its 3D capabilities are useless 'ex- the zoom' ... but they are fun sometimes... 3D is unnecessary
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

You're right, 3D rarely is necessary: 2 1/2 D is all that is needed most of the time. It just screws up the controls (like in Panzer General 3D).

Comment

...And rotation, if misimplemented, can prove worse for par... Frankly, I think that most people, with 3D games, set their vision at one level for 95% of the game time and only use the other 5% when necessary... and for the games where you have to constantly shift your mouse so that you can rotate around structures... that just screws up the game's pacing and introduces tedium.

Thank you for your support Urban Ranger- I thought I was but a lone voice calling out in the wilderness
                            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Working...
                            X