SimCity 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimCity 4

5 new articles on the website discussing how buildings are tailored to look different with props; how you develop cities in tandem with others in the region; how traffic flows and more...

To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Are these the same articles that ADG posted about in the big SimCity 4 thread? Or are they new ones?
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Its the same site so it must be the same articles. We needed a new thread anyway since we stopped comparing to Civ long ago and just drooled at what is coming
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

Yes, it's the same articles, though you're right, we need some new thread, that's not about comparising, but about drooling over SC4
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

So that's a mix of Populous, SimCity, SimTown, and The Sims?

Interesting.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
            And SimsVille (Though that game was never released... )

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Interesting.
              Hmm, does that mean people will come running out of houses if I deform the terrain they're built near, or do I have to hit the Volcano disaster to achieve that?
              H.Poincaré

Comment

The game's engine is intense. They have each sim trace his route to work but then to display where sims are they take a sampling of those in the game. That way it can be speeded up timewise and still seem like people are going on about their lives at a normal pace. An absolutely great idea. I hope it all works well and plays well.
                About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

I hope it doesn't need a Cray to run
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Wow.

I didn't think that Maxis could add any more to the SimCity series, but they proved me wrong. More graphic detail, more in depth traffic and economy simulations, and the ability to import Sims and track them...

I'm looking forward to this.
                    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

I wasn't thinking about getting SC4, but now I may just have to.

Comment

Release date is January 2003 and you can preorder for about $50. Steep, but a sweet simulation.
                        It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Originally posted by Jmaster
                          Release date is January 2003 and you can preorder for about $50. Steep, but a sweet simulation.
                          Which means with my schedule interwined with school and RoN, I won't have time for it until Summer break. Hopefully the price will come down a good ten bucks or so.
                          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

I dunno if I'll bother. I don't understand the Sims craze. I would want a SimCity taken it in the other direction: more about the buildings and infrastructure, less about watching automated people wandering around.
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

From the SimCity4 site:

11.12.02 - Chat Event With SimCity 4 Designer Michael McCormick
                              We will be hosting a chat event on Thursday, November 14th at 3PM (PST) with SimCity 4 Designer, Michael McCormick where he will answer all of your questions about the MySim feature in SimCity 4. The event will be held in the SimCity 3000 Unlimited chat room at SimCity3000Unlimited.ea.com. You must be registered at the SimCity 3000 Unlimted website so get there early to register and submit your questions.
                              Go To SimCity3000Unlimited.ea.com
                              To bad, I'm not registered...so I'll (again) have to wait for the chat log... (Like most else, I guess...)

Comment

Working...
                              X