Transferring Food between cities???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring Food between cities???

One of the things I loved about CIV2 was building a caravan and when ariving to a city, you could place as a trade good or put into building a Wonder or even transport food to another city.

Is this at all possible, say through SLIC, I am looking and may find it, trying to save my self time! (So i can play instead of making mistakes..I mean creating )

Keep any thoughts/ideas forthcoming

Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

I don't think that's possible . You could do it in CTP2, but SLIC for CTP is not powerful enough. The only way I can think of to alter food input in CTP1 SLIC is by terraforming the terrain around the city, and you obviously don't want to do that...

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
      I don't think that's possible . You could do it in CTP2, but SLIC for CTP is not powerful enough. The only way I can think of to alter food input in CTP1 SLIC is by terraforming the terrain around the city, and you obviously don't want to do that...

Of course not, even though my neighbors taunt me, telling me my Momma wears combat boots and I feed my kids rocks..well, My Momma dont wear combat boots, shes in heaven, but... I have been known to feed my citizens some nice tasty granite biscuits

Comment

Now let the thoughts fly wild.....

If we used the BONUS_FOOD flag from the Cattle-unit and added this flag to the Caravans...

What would happen? It might give some problems as Caravans uses the IS_TRADER flag. Or it might give nothing at all. I do not know as I am at work right now.
        First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by TheBirdMan

If we used the BONUS_FOOD flag from the Cattle-unit and added this flag to the Caravans...

What would happen? It might give some problems as Caravans uses the IS_TRADER flag. Or it might give nothing at all. I do not know as I am at work right now.
          ..me thinks me might try that later when I return home from work, which I need to be headed to now..

Comment

Ok, I tried adding BONUS_FOOD 5 to caravan...and it took, as in did not crash to desktop, but I monitored turns and could not see where it had a any effect??..taking any feedback, i looked in city screen and FOOD is shown as turns left to growth, but could not see any plus' or minus', any suggestions?

What I am trying for, is to actually transfer an excess, say from an all grassland city to say a mountainous city who would need it more.

Thanks

Troll

Comment

Try set the bonus_food number high, fx. 25 or 30. Then it might be easier to see, if it makes any difference.

If you want it to "cost" food to send a caravan, I am not sure you can control that.

There is a hunger-setting for all units, but the only place I have seen it used (value greater than 0 (zero) is in the pop.txt file.
              First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Try set the bonus_food number high, fx. 25 or 30. Then it might be easier to see, if it makes any difference.

If you want it to "cost" food to send a caravan, I am not sure you can control that.

There is a hunger-setting for all units, but the only place I have seen it used (value greater than 0 (zero) is in the pop.txt file.
                I am on way to a mens breakfast, but when I return I will try. It really wouldnt matter if it "COST" food, that was a concept from CIV2, IIRC, whereas you simply built a caravan and sent it out with a good on it, and when it reached a city, you could either use that "GOOD on the caravan" or apply that CARAVAN to production of a Wonder or simply use as FOOD For that city ..I have allways loved that concept and eventually would like to incorporate that into one of my mods

I will try setting that number "HIGHER" and get back to you!

Thanks!

Oh yeah, and tohelp from another post, I also have a nicname for you!!

HELPING-BIRD!!!!!

Comment

~sigh~
                  Nothing..checked the cities the route was between and still all tile was the same, turns for growth the same
                  maybe it isnt not possible??..Oh well, i will continue to monitor posts and continue to strive for sucess and maybe thru trial and error something can be accomplished

Comment

Then the best solution is to activate the Cattle_unit (remove cant_build flag from the unit.txt file) and replace the sprites of that cow with one of a camel/ship/truck - why not take that into consideration when/if I ever get starting on my own modæ).

Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                    X