No announcement yet.

Known bugs list? Save file corruptions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Known bugs list? Save file corruptions?

I looked for a known bugs list but didn't find one on this site. Maybe I missed it, as the search engine didn't work well.
    Anyway, I looked for that because I had a problem this morning:At 7h30 I opened a file I had saved at 1AM, and discovered that I could no longer build modern units. I could build only junk like coracles, which is somewhat useless in 1971, when I wanted to prepare massive assaults with things like cavalry, artillery and such... It seems all my saves from the 15th century onwards were flawed and didn't allow me to build units I was entitled to. Science was screwed badly as I had lots of wonders available, but no useful unit, and horrible time to develop my next science...
    Anyone found such a bug? I play patch-less due to my internet access problems (I have to post from work). Does the patch adress this problem?
    Shouldn't a pointer to a list of known bugs (if that exists, and I bet Activision put one when they sent the patch) be linked in the FAQ?

I had to restart a game this morning, thus having lost so much sleep for nothing...
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Actual this sounds like all the text files were screwed up. It sounds like you stared the game with the original game and tried to continue it with ApolytonPack but as you don't have the patch, you can't play a mod. Therefore my guess is that you play on a custom map, I saw wired effect on such a setup.

If I remember correctly there is a bug list somewhere in the forum, but it is very old and was started soon after the release of the patch.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

LDiCesare,
      So are you playing unmodded? In which case this is strange behaviour - maybe your files have become corrupted and a clean reinstall of CTP2 should sort it out.

If you are using a mod(but i guess you are not as you are not using the patch, and you need that!!) then this is something you should post in the Mod relevent thread, or look through and it might already have been discused?

I think the only time i've had the same kind of problems was when i was getting all mixed up with my Mods and the various different save games i had on my pc(so now i always give them a description like 'Cra1.3-1340bc').
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

For modded CtP2 to work you have to :

1 - Install CtP2
        2 - Apply the 1.1 patch
        3 - Install modswapper 1.15 (and don't ask anybody why it is named 1.12 in its interface)
        4 - Unzipp the mod in the CtP2 directory
        5 - If you are playing with a french version of CtP2, copy the text files in C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\english and paste them in C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\french (you will then play modded CtP2 with a french interface and texts in english )
        6 - Don't forget to edit the text file in C:\Activision\Call To Power\ctp2_program\ctp\userprofile.txt and change the line DebugSlic=Yes to DebugSlic=No

Have fun !
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

It was unmodded. I stupidly deleted all the files in a fit of fury, which is sad, because I had seen a weird event in English in the UI (I am playing French version).
          Anyway my new game didn't have the same problem. I am now in 1908 and slightly better than I used to be in 1971.
          So the game being unpatched and unmodified, I have no idea where the bug comes from. I never saw it before I stopped playing, so I guess it must be fairly uncommon.
          Clash of Civilization team member
          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I would like to see that list of known bugs thread even if it is old

Just out of interest to see how many have been fixed, how many i dont know about and how many havent been fixed
            Oxygen should be considered a drug
            Tiberian Sun Retro
            My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
            http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tamerlin
              3 - Install modswapper 1.15 (and don't ask anybody why it is named 1.12 in its interface)
              Actually, it's v1.5, not v1.15, but I think I managed to replace all references to v1.5 with v1.12, so hopefullly that confusing issue has been solved (if anyone still sees a v1.5 reference, please let me know).

As far as the bug goes, I never heard of that. IIRC 'unpatched' savegames did have the tendency to occassionally go corrupt but I don't think that's the same thing as mentioned here. But the patch came out pretty soon after the release of CtP2 itself so noone here played much without the patch...

BTW, Tamerlin, why haven't you signed up for the Democracy Game yet?
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                BTW, Tamerlin, why haven't you signed up for the Democracy Game yet?
                Mainly because I have a limited access to the Internet (50 hours a month), I fear the Democracy Game will take too many hours each week-end and will not let me any time to use my internet connection for my other activities. Actually, I have underestimated the time needed to play a Democracy game. I plan to buy an ADSL connexion in the weeks to come, this unlimited access will allow me to be more active on the net (and Apolyton), learn the rules and laws of the Democracy game and sign up for a future one.
                "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Hmm, that's a pity - you were one of the ethiousiasts early on But the good thing about the DG is that you can invest as much time in it as you want: if you only have an hour a week, just spend an hour a week. Read and vote in only the most important threads, don't run for any office... And of course, you can join or leave whenever you want, no need to wait for the beginning of a new game...
                  But it's good to know you'll have more time in the future
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

If it is not too time consuming (as far as my connection time is concerned) I will try to catch up the train.

Comment

Working...
                    X