Ancient Mediterranean Mod incomplete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancient Mediterranean Mod incomplete?

I am patched to 1.04f and tries playing the ancient Mediterranean mod with the Mediterranean map and it seems like it is incomplete. There was no icon for wood to build ships some of the leaderheads are incorrect eras. Anyone else try this mod and if so what were your results?
    Tutte le strade portano a Roma.

Anyone?

Comment

i think the updates to several of the mods will be posted on civ3.com.

of course, not yet

check here and civfan, hopefully will be up soon.

Comment

K, Thanks. I hope it is soon!

Comment

Originally posted by ilcattolico
          K, Thanks. I hope it is soon!
          i know. civ3 website is so out of date, who knows when?
          check civfan, the authors will probably upload there first

Comment

That really sucks! I guess installing 1.2h would not work?

Comment

That really sucks! I guess installing 1.2h would not work?
              1.2h?

i am on 1.04, the most recent, as you are i see. 1.29 which is the most recent on civ3.com, last i checked is the last civ3 patch.

Comment

I was talking about the ancient mediterranean mod install nit the patch for PTW. My PTW is at 1.04f

Comment

I was talking about the ancient mediterranean mod install nit the patch for PTW. My PTW is at 1.04f
                  ah, ok i understand. sorry, a bit dense there for a moment

the update patches may already have been released, i don't know
                  if not hopefully soon.

Comment

Sorry about slashing up the Ancient Med mod - it was either that (removing all graphics) or nothing at all, I'm afraid

There will be a patch posted which adds in all the graphics, hopefully no later than a week from now. I think it's going up on the Civ3.com site, but I'll have to check - firaxis.com is another possiblility. If it's much more delayed than a week, it will go up on another server, I promise.

It's going to be rules like version 1.0 at first, but then a minor patch to 1.2 should follow shortly after.

@ilcattolico: Sorry, installing 1.2h on top of it won't work either.
                    Double Your Pleasure mod | DYP Forums | DYP Mod thread

Comment

OK, I just was a bit puzzled why Firaxis would put an incomplete scenario in. I am looking forward to its release! It is a wonderful mod

ciao

Comment

Originally posted by isak
                        Sorry about slashing up the Ancient Med mod - it was either that (removing all graphics) or nothing at all, I'm afraid

There will be a patch posted which adds in all the graphics, hopefully no later than a week from now. I think it's going up on the Civ3.com site, but I'll have to check - firaxis.com is another possiblility. If it's much more delayed than a week, it will go up on another server, I promise.

It's going to be rules like version 1.0 at first, but then a minor patch to 1.2 should follow shortly after.

@ilcattolico: Sorry, installing 1.2h on top of it won't work either.
                        thats great news

Why did the mods have to be incomplete? not enough space on the cd?

It looked like an intriguing mod, look forward to playing it.

Too bad they couldn't just have a 2nd cd included with the fan maps and mods

Comment

@ilcattolico:
                          I agree totally - 3 cheers for Thamis, the creator of this wonderful thing.

@asleepathewheel:
                          The mods (DyP, AncMed and The Balancer AFAIK) were removed due to certain copyright issues - not that there necessarily were any copyright issues, but we couldn't say for sure there wasn't, so Infogrames wouldn't allow them. They made that decision so late, that even though we tried to submit versions without the gfx (for DyP and AncMed), they didn't make it before the CD had gone to press
                          Not really anybody's fault - just a series of unfortunate events, leading to disaster.

For Patch 1.04f, the graphics were removed to keep the download size to a minimum. It would have been a 20 mb download if they hadn't been removed. I'm sure the Non-Modding modem users of the world would have complained

Comment

Originally posted by isak
                            For Patch 1.04f, the graphics were removed to keep the download size to a minimum. It would have been a 20 mb download if they hadn't been removed. I'm sure the Non-Modding modem users of the world would have complained
                            ok, I understand, I didn't realize that it was in the recent patch too. That makes sense, wouldn't want people to have to download such a large amount they didn't want

good job

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

ok, I understand, I didn't realize that it was in the recent patch too. That makes sense, wouldn't want people to have to download such a large amount they didn't want

good job
                              Thanks - We were hoping people wouldn't notice, and assume that the mods were on the disc. So please keep it between you and me, I wanna tell my grandchildren how grandpa's mod was on the PtW disc

Comment

Working...
                              X