Got original

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got original

Why would the developers place a pirate version of the game in the original box?

I just bought THE ORIGINAL this afternoon, so do not tell me that is the problem.

I am in Moscow at the moment, and the game was released here a few days ago.

so.. any suggestions what to do?

J.
    An Indecent Youngster

released. in moscow. a few days ago.
    right....

care to post a photo of you with the box?
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Did you buy it at Bagritinovskaya? (sp?)

Why do you think its pirated?

look at the exe. I think one pirated version had a d added to the exe.

Comment

Moscow? Hehe... I surely know of some good places there to get "originals" .
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I doubt many are buying that it is a legit copy.

Comment

There are some copies floating about Europe. I have the advantage of working closely with a well known high street Uk store. My company provides a lot of services for them and my good freind over there sends me presents

Anyone else in Europe get a copy yet?
            Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Comment

I have a copy.
              Bought by a business trip from the USA.
              Last edited by Nevs23; November 2, 2002, 19:04.

Comment

I'm not sure if I've got the picture... You bought the game some days ago in Moscow?! And in an original box? Are you joking? I'm too tired to laught if so...
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I'm curious how much you payed for your "original" copy. I'm betting it was less then half the market price and that the box was printed in Bulgaria.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    I'm curious how much you payed for your "original" copy. I'm betting it was less then half the market price and that the box was printed in Bulgaria.

My guess is two dollars, which is what I paid for similar products when I lived in Moscow.

(and they all played like crap too, I got what I paid for )

Comment

Yeah, I have to agree that most of those eastern European copies didn't work so well. I bought a bunch of them as novoulty gifts for DM5 each a couple of years ago when I was in Kosovo. You were lucky is 50% of them worked.

Personally, I think the industry is way over rating the impact piracy is having because everyone knows you have to buy the real copy if you want software that works. Even something as simple as installing a patch can't be done with a pirated copy, ergo, most people out of high school will still buy the real thing even if they've used the warez version before.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I read an article before about the high copyright piracy in Russia... music tapes/CDs, movies VHS/DVD, PC software and so on... Piracy is an economy to itself over there.

-Mellian

Comment

Originally posted by Mellian
                          I read an article before about the high copyright piracy in Russia... music tapes/CDs, movies VHS/DVD, PC software and so on... Piracy is an economy to itself over there.

-Mellian
                          It is quite amazing.

I lived in Moscow Feb 1998-Aug 1998, and spent a fair amount of time in those markets (not saying all Moscow is like that of course). My roomates and I bought everything at them. cds games, a diskman, could buy n64/ps, refrigerator, a rottweiler. basically anything you want, authentic (stolen) or copied. I didnt purchase much software, I just don't trust a copy of windows i buy for under 5 bucks, you know?

Comment

When the USSR collapsed, IBM said that they discovered a huge number of unlicensed VM systems.

Comment

Working...
                            X