ICS 2-sized city happiness problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS 2-sized city happiness problem

First, I want to thank everyone who answered to my question "Do you cheat in deity/raging" I got many good advices and started an ICS deity/raging game last night.

In the Dave's ICS manual is mentioned that if you have HG and a warrior in a 2-sized town it should keep it content even when you have over 20 little towns around. Normally 1. citizen is happy and 2. is red or even black and everything is okay.

Unfortunately, this isn't always the case. Sometimes the 1. is only content and 2. in unhappy and the city riots. In the manual was said that if that happened you have to move one garrisioned unit out of town to turn make the 1. one happy. Sometimes this works but very oddly indeed I had to move ALL fortified unit out of the town to make it happy!! In the happiness chart there are then 2 black pirates and under that the HG-wonder makes one happy and one red. I don't understand that at all because HG is supposed to make one citizen content in every friendy city?

The most strange thing was that often I had to move all my 3 fort units out of the city to make it happy again This is very counter-intuitive indeed!

Is this some kind of bug in Civ2 2.42 which I'm playing?

Btw, is this GLoA somewhere compiled yet? I'd like to learn how to make the SSC! (I'm just starting to get familiar with all those acronymes!)
    [This message has been edited by Marko_Polo (edited January 10, 2001).]

Marko Polo - there are essentially four phases in Deity-level ICS. Consider a typical size-two city as your empire grows:

1. (1-11 cities) First citizen content, second citizen unhappy. One warrior or HG is enough to keep the city content.

2. (7-23 cities) Both citizens unhappy. Two warriors will keep the city content.

3. (13-47 cities) First citizen very unhappy, second citizen unhappy. Two warriors plus HG (or HG with no warriors) will keep the city content.

4. (24+ cities) Both citizens very unhappy. One warrior plus HG will make the city happy; two warriors plus HG will riot.

Note that the numbers overlap; with 8 cities you will have a mix of type 1 and 2 cities; with 15 cities you will have a mix of type 2 and 3.

Look at the happiness screen to see the effect of HG; it works like an elvis applied on the last happiness step. You need either a content or a very unhappy citizen after the third step for HG to produce a happy.

Edited to correct cases 3 and 4.
    [This message has been edited by DaveV (edited January 18, 2001).]

Comment

DaveV, I had 26 cities and HG and one warrior did NOT make city happy! In fact, HG and NO military unit inside the 2-sized city makes the city ALWAYS happy with one happy and one black face! Please read my post to "Do you cheat in deity/raging" where I have explained this in more detail

Comment

Strange. I've never run into a situation where I couldn't keep a city content with HG and one or two units. If the city has a happy and a very unhappy with no warriors, I'd expect it to have a happy and an unhappy with one warrior. Or maybe you need two warriors? I'll load up a save game over the weekend and check this out.

Comment

For SSC help check out Paul's OCC Guide.

This is a guide for the One City Challenge style of play but the "One City" is, among other things, a SSC. Check it out.

John-SJ

Comment

Working...
          X