Roleplay Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roleplay Team

I have an idea, and if anyone is interested in joining a team like this, please post in the thread. I'll do what I can to help get the team organized but I'm not sure that I can actively participate in PTW until late November.

Team Concepts:
    1) Use one of the new Civs.
    2) Roleplay government form, technological advances, etc, as much as possible.

We begin as a tribe who choses a supreme leader. We will have no Constitution, no elections, no laws other than mob rule and the ability to back one person from the tribe (or overthrow that person) to be our Despot. The Despot makes all the rules, picks his advisors, etc. If we change to Monarchy, the Despot becomes King and the participants become Nobles. If we change to Republic, we all become Senators and actively change our government and procedures accordingly. Etc.

We would not make maps until mapmaking is learned. We would not send other nations messages until writing is developed. We would model our religion around our current religious tech. Etc.

If anyone is intersted in this idea, please post here. I know it's not as democractic as others, but it might be a heck of a lot of fun.

--Togas

ADDED:

People who are a part of this team:
    Togas
    Godking
    jdjdjd
    adaMada
    F-Pro
    Nuclear Winter
    Ninot
    ruby_maser
    Arnelos
    mrmitchell
    Davout
    GeneralTacticus
    Palisol
    oliverfa
    Crousto
    astrologix
    History Guy
    Thud

People who might later join this team:
    Mr.WhereItsAt
    realpolitic
    Last edited by Togas; November 8, 2002, 21:35.
    Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
    Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
    Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
    Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

I like this. At first glance, it might look kinda like it's impossible for any civ like this to be succesful and for the game to be fun. However, if you think about it, for the time we're in Despotism, we really don't need committees and ministers and so forth. All of it can be done with the despotic system. Monarchy could be constitutional in order to introduce the whole democracy aspect a lot more quickly.

I would join this team if it takes off.
    "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
    Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

Boy, this team better pick a religious civ, I would hate to see long stretches of anarchy...

Interesting idea, I will have to think on it.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I like it.
        If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Togas, what do you think about how your Foriegn Ministry skills will be lessened by your team playing other human civs?

You won't be able to get great trade deals all the time anymore.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Foreign Affairs will be even more involved vs humans. I'm looking forward to THAT aspect of the game more than any other. Vs the CPU, you just have to know the formula and haggle around with the #s until it gives you the best possible deal. Vs a human, you have to convince him that this is the best possible deal, or truely negotiate deals. Plus, we can have more flexible deals, more complex alliances, and more fair tech sales and lux sales (The CPU doesn't always value these things "properly").

Hell, I could spend all week actually negotiating deals with human civs instead of the 2-3 minutes I spend finding the optimum value with an AI opponent. PTW is where you need a true diplomat as FAM, not just an number cruncher and bureaucrat.

On a related topic...

This thing will be TURNLESS, giving us almost no time to discuss what to do while the game is being played and probably making turnchats virtually impossible. Our gameplayer will have to do everything realtime other than the changes we can make the queues and workforce, etc, during the downtime that we have the save. Deals can be negotiated during the downtime, but they'll have to be put into play while the game is in progress. Our success will depend a lot on who we choose to actually play the game.

--Togas
            Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
            Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

I would join this team, of course, I may not have a great deal of time, but certainly would help out as much as possible.
              Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
              "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

I would nominate you togas to be our first dictator.

I think the first game will probably be PbEM, so we would, depending on the number of teams, have a day to work out all our build queues and such. I do not know how this works for trades and such. Perhaps it only means that if, for example there are 7 teams, each team gets it for a day at the most (say 24 hours after the email is sent) then only a single turn is played durring a week.

Togas, as you are our unifficial leader, what would you use as our team name? The Roleplay Team? Are we even a team yet?
                If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I don't know about being our benevolent dictator yet. I don't have the game and won't have it until late November and if it's turnless multiplayer, then I'd MUCH prefer someone else control the game who has some experience and practice in multiplayer. That, and military tactics, are not my strong suits.

But I'll take over the leadership of getting the team together, etc.

Let's tentatively call this the "roleplay team" but once we have enough people together we should pick a new Civ and take on their name as our team name.

If this thing is to work, we need to put a lot of trust in our "Tribal Leader" -- he will need to also choose wise members of the tribe to do different tasks (Generals, messangers, governors, administrators, etc). He should step down every now and then due to retirement, death, whatever, and give control to a new dictator chosen by the tribe (or confirmed by the tribe if we all agree that "his successor" is worthy of the job).

Heck, and if we disagree during a major political change we can always have an unplanned period of anarchy where we just pass our turn and hand over the save to the next civ while we work out our new government or leader. ... but maybe that's a bit too much roleplay, you think?

As for New Civs, I haven't played any of them, but here's a rundown of the new civs:

Spanish Conquistador (3/2/2) Religious & Commercial
                  Mongols Keshik (4/2/2) Militaristic & Expansionist
                  Vikings Berserk (6/2/1) Militaristic & Expansionist
                  Celts Gallic Swordsman (3/2/2) Religious & Militaristic
                  Carthaginians Numidian Mercenary (2/3/1) Commercial & Industrious
                  Ottomans Sipahi (8/3/3) Industrious & Scientific
                  Arabs Ansar Warrior (4/2/3) Expansionist & Religious
                  Koreans Hwacha (12/1/1) Commercial & Scientific

My favorites from this list: Spanish, Vikings, Celts, Carthange, and Ottoman.

Thoughts?

--Togas

Comment

Only thing is that expansionistic is IMO good for pangia type worlds, where you can grab goodie huts fast (love those free techs). Other than that, any one sounds good. Quick glance the Ottomans sound good, any idea what the sipahi replaces.

Oops, 6 pm here. Time to go home and hand out those candy treats.

Comment

Originally posted by GodKing
                      Quick glance the Ottomans sound good, any idea what the sipahi replaces.
                      Sipani replaces Cavalry, I believe.

--Togas

Comment

It sounds interesting but I'm really hoping I can find some people interested in doing a $Mini-game version where the players own the tiles and elect the ministers based on who they think will benefit their holdings.

I think that would be an interesting twist.

Comment

What does the Arabs Ansar Warrior replace? Horsemen? Swordmen? Knight? Long Bowmen?
                          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Ottomans would be interesting....thinking in advance, that may a good time for a GA. But I'm flexible, I'll change my persona and whether I play as a warmonger or peacenik, depending on our civ traits.

I won't have PTW for a month or so...GK, can you be our initial despot...you, as always, have my full support.
                            Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                            "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

Originally posted by donegeal
                              What does the Arabs Ansar Warrior replace? Horsemen? Swordmen? Knight? Long Bowmen?
                              It replaces the Knight.

--Togas

Comment

Working...
                              X