Roleplay Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Togas,

I am VERY INTERESTED in joining this particular team... but I haven't yet decided which of the current teams (or potentially a new team) I like best.
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Arnelos... the Righteous team needs you

lol.

good luck to the Roleplaying team. it sounds like a great idea, and i hope you can stick to the principles.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I might be very interested in playing if there is no player cap. Actually, I take that back -- I'd be quite interested in playing, barring some other (more interesting) team coming up -- if there is no player cap. I probably won't have PTW, and while I think I could serve some purpose even without the game, I don't want to be a burdon to a ten person team.

If Togas is our first benevolent dictator, I wanna be FAM for the first term while we still don't know anyone so it doesn't matter if I have the game or not .

-- adaMada
        Civ 3 Democracy Game:
        PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
        Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

No ten person cap imposed, but I would like to get at least that many to give the game enough participants to keep it active and exciting.

--Togas
          Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
          Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
          Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
          Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

The more the better IMO.

I could do it, provided I can get a copy soon. I was planning on picking one up this weekend, but the store I usually go to just notified me that they will not have any copies until Dec. 19th.... Time to do some shopping.
            If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Yes, the more members the better, that way no one will notice how little I can help out.

Oops, Did I say that or just think it?

D'oh!
              Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
              "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

Could everyone who's joined this team (or decides to join this team in the future) state what Civ(s) he wants to play?

--Togas
                Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
                Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

I mean the Ottoman's....I like anything I can rest my feet on.
                  Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                  "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

those in charge

I suppose if the people got fed up with the leadership, y'all could have a roleplay revolution
                    "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

Well, I'd sure like to get in here, but it seems I won't be getting my PTW for about 2 months or so...so, I'll just watch in the backround.

Personally, I don't quite like the idea of playing as Ottomans (historical reasons, I assure you), but if you guys think it's best, let's go for it. The Carthaginians or Celts might also be a good choice, I must say.
                      Empire growing,
                      Pleasures flowing,
                      Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Here's what I think--

Vikings would not be a good choice. Certainly, they have the best UU this side of...Sid Meier, but they will not have high cultural benefits, nor will the Mongols. The Spanish have some good benefits, despite what I have heard is a rather pitiful UU, and the same goes for the Arabs. The Koreans might not be a bad choice, apparently players have been pretty satisfied with Wang Kon's bunch, and even the UU. The Ottomans might be an OK choice, though personally, I'd prefer not to choose them.

The Celts would be a good choice. They enjoy religious and militaristic benefits, giving them a good culture, as well as a splendid UU, a fast swordsman. However, I think the best choice would be the Carthaginians, with their industrious and commercial benefits, and their pretty spiffy Ancient UU.
                        Empire growing,
                        Pleasures flowing,
                        Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

I'd like to join this team. The realpolitik-team seemed ok too, but the "extreme"-roleplaying aspect of yours is great.

Since I live in the Netherlands I'd probably get a copy of Play the World at the end of November. But you don't necessarily need to have the game to be able to join the DG, right? (except, of course, when you want to be in an executive position.)
                          Civ3 PtW Democracy Game info: (links work only for Roleplay-team members)
                          Floris Petro Rulio Olstorne, member of the Roleplay-team, Owner of the tavern Iberian Delight, Pro 1 Activist {Click here}.

Comment

Re: Roleplay Team

Originally posted by Togas
                            2) Roleplay government form, technological advances, etc, as much as possible.
                            People who might later join this team:
                            2) sounds fun.

I *might* later join this team but I'm still deciding. I'd rather have PtW before I join a team.

Edit: What Edit? Made mistake clearing out stuff from Togas post quote to get to the point. I dunno.
                            Last edited by mrmitchell; November 2, 2002, 11:40.
                            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I wanted to clarify some more ideas about this team and how we ought to handle things. I don't want anyone to have the impression that we're going to have one player be the despot and the rest of us be his lackeys. That probably wouldn't be all that much fun for most of us.

We will chose one of us to be our enlightened leader and the leader (and in some part, the group) will choose who will serve in roles such as generals, governors, explorers, high priest (with the advent of religion), chief builder, messangers to other nations, and so forth. There is no Constitution. There is no code of law (until we discover it and create one). There are no "polls" but we may well all let our voices be heard so that those in charge can be enlightened.

We will all represent great families within our civilization. Members of our families die, but the family lives on. So should a leader be removed from office violently, the player still remains, but just acts as though he is the son or grandson of the fallen despot.

Major changes like coups should happen, especially come time for a government change. Perhaps we should hold "Out of Character" polls from time to time about what should happen in our history, and then enact them accordingly? Or should we be able to manage such things without them?

This could be a whole lot of fun and could get into very enjoyable levels of detail so long as we play responsibly, respect everyone's contributions, and try to keep it open for everyone's participation.

We will probably have to make a few rules before we start about what is and isn't acceptable. Suggestions?

--Togas

Comment

Hello people!
                                It´ll take sometime for PTW to get on my country, but as soon as it is available I´ll buy it, so I´d like to subscribe to the roleplay team...
                                I can barely wait for this!!!!
                                Hope ya can accept me...
                                If we shall all be members of important families, then I shall be Nuclear Winter the first, of the Nuclear family.

**Nuclear Winter
                                Señor Nuclearis Winterius the III,
                                Diplomat with the Voxians, and also
                                Señor Pablo Winterius, missionary Bishop and Archbishop of the Roleplay team

Comment

Working...
                                X