No announcement yet.

Roleplay Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant tell. Where should I look to confirm ?
    Statistical anomaly.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

• go into the mIRC options, and look at the 'IRC network'.

Comment

• Unable to connect to an IRC server : that is the message I get when I try Undernet.
        Statistical anomaly.
        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

• Davout... sometimes it takes a couple of trys to connect.
          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

• Decisions Made in Discussion

People of the Tribe of Carthage.

I have been selected by the Tribe (in the team chat today) as our new leader. I plan to lead us to form a city, cease our nomadic ways, and found a Civilization.

Here is what has been decided:

We are to "play" the Civilization of Carthage. Should it become unavailable, we will become the Spanish.

"Carthage" is our new team name. It may be changed if necessary.

Our icon will be an elephant with our civ's colors.

There are few rules. These are ones we agreed upon:

1) The Despot rules until he decides to step down and appoint a new Despot, or he is overthrown.

2) The Despot has complete control over the civilization.

3) The Despot may be overthrown at any time by any member of our tribe. To attempt to overthrow the despot, the usurper must post a poll asking the people to support HIM over the current Despot. If the Usurper gets more support, he becomes the new Despot and kills the old one. If he does not get more support, he is "killed".

4) Anyone who is "killed" cannot attempt to overthrow the Despot for at least 1 week. He must also change his character name.

5) Should the new Despot choose to change to any other government, these rules no longer apply. We will create new rules for each government. The leader who chooses to change governments will be instrumental in creating the new rules of government.

6) The Despot will pick who serves in what posts and what powers each "minister" holds. We will attempt to be as historically acurate as possible (so long as it remains fun to RP it). In the following weeks we'll flesh out what "posts" need to be created and who should fill them.

7) We each will represent an important family in our tribe and we will play characters from that family. Each member of the team will post to a "Character" thread with information about his family and character (whatever you want to say). If that character dies, the player must edit the post to reflect his death and create a new character.

8) There may be other things I forgot. If so, anyone who was in the meeting, please make note of it.

When we get our own forum, we'll discuss in more detail the offices and responsibilities and our tactics. For now, if you're interested/willing to serve in a role that will help our tribe, please PM me.

--Togas
            Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
            Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
            Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
            Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

• That basically covers it. Thanks Togas.
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• This team shows promise to be fun - I'm in.

Comment

• Here is the log of our chat if anybody is that bored to want to read it. 22 pages of text.
                  Attached Files
                  If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

• Thanks Togas for the update, sorry to all my participation was sporadic at best. Thanks GK for the chat log, too.
                    Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                    "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

• Suggest for position:
                      Scrolls Keeper
                      Keeps chat logs

Thanx GK, any1 who missed it plz read
                      'Twas a good chat we got a lot done.
                      I hope more people attend next time , highest no. of members I counted 9 out of 18. Spectacular amount of people there however in spite of rush-learning about IRC and troubling time zones.
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• I hereby start my first character

Ninot, of the Sideshow Clan.

for short
                        Sideshow Ninot
                        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Post it in the character thread.

Comment

• Ouch. After the chat ended, I played as carthage. Figured I would play on regent to see what it was like, kinda easy like, you know. Well, both times I got my arse kicked. Kicked big time. I never even made it to the second age the first time. Second time I discovered Chivalry, but never got to use it. For some reason, the AI kept throwing hoards of whatever it could get at me. Declairing war when I had twice as large an army. The first time I lost to a hoard of crazed Hoplites. HOPLITES!!!. My god. I have never seen the greeks use them for attacking me. and this time, they came in hoards with archers galor. They are still cleaning up my remains. This was on regent.

My biggest complaint was that when they all decided to attack me, they a) did so on surprise attacks and b) I was thrown into my GA so quick, that I only had 4 or 6 cities, with only 2 temples and 2-3 barracks. I usually use either my second or third city to try and build the pyramids... needless to say that never occured.

Perhaps spain is better.... Ouch.

Comment

• GK... this has nothing to do with Carthage... I have noticed that the PTW AI is VERY VERY SIGNIFICANTLY MORE AGGRESSIVE than the normal Civ3 AI.

This is especially the case in multi-player games... I finally played one earlier tonight (as Spain, no less...) and 2 of the 6 AI's declared war on me (2 of the others declared on my friend, playing the Ottomons) right about when we were researching Mathematics and Literacy.

I have noticed that it doesn't matter who you play, the PTW AI just declares war a hell of a lot more often than the normal Civ3 AI did (the normal Civ3 AI would, sometimes, never declare war during the entire game...).

This is something that people may be surprised by when playing PTW and something ALL of hte teams will have to get used to... emperor level and deity level, I'm sure, would be BRUTAL (haven't tried them yet...).
                              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• Carthage Playtest #1

I played Carthage for six hours tonight to try to get a good feel for the Civ. I was placed next to the %*#$ing Monguls!

Fared alright. Fended them off, but could never conquer the bastards as all they make are units. Lots and lots of units and all the goodie huts they get give them a huge tech advantage. Culture-flipped a few cities, gave them a RoP and built enough Mercs so that they went past me and killed the Ottomans instead.

I found that my GA happened too early and too unpredictably as well. Happened in defense of one of my cities from a Mongul Swordsman. I also found that having neither science or religious traits made both culture causing buildings painfully expensive (I always play with one of those two traits in my own games). But, I was able to buy/rush them, and I was able to create a strong and stable nation. We just never had a sizeable enough army to kill anybody due to my security and culture investments.

This is a good nation for a builder to play. Not good at all for conquest. Not a bad nation for us, as it's very stable and easily defendable. We also fare well in trades as we make a lot more money than most other civs. We can buy most any tech we need, and then techwhore/trade it around to recoup our losses.

All in all, I think Persia is better, but I think Carthage would be fun to play.

I'll playtest the Spanish later this week.

--Togas
                                Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
                                Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
                                Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
                                Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

Working...
                                X