PTW enhanced for single play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTW enhanced for single play?

So when we get PTW. Will our single play games of Civ3 be enhanced? (New features, new buttons, etc)

sboog

Yes
    Seemingly Benign
    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm
      Yes

Comment

by a tiny tiny bit
        Oxygen should be considered a drug
        Tiberian Sun Retro
        My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
        http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

Oh, you wanted more than a yes or no answer.

Seriously, yes, it will.

There will be:

User interface enhancements (stack commands, buttons for all actions, etc.)

8 new civs

1 New wonder

2 new units available to everyone

2 new building types

airfields, radar towers, outposts

New victory conditions (mainly geared for MP)

lots of scenarios and mods

better mod manager

and some other stuff I'm forgetting
          Seemingly Benign
          Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

All of which should have been

And lots of scenarios + Multiplayer we where originally told would be

In Civ3 originally

but nevermind if you wish to pay an extra £35 above the £35 that you payed for the original game (dunno what that is in dollars)
            Sure there will be many people who will be delighted to do this but im afraid im not one

(please no one say "Not this LAME argument again") cause its just a true statement and that is all
            Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
              All of which should have been

And lots of scenarios + Multiplayer we where originally told would be

In Civ3 originally

but nevermind if you wish to pay an extra £35 above the £35 that you payed for the original game (dunno what that is in dollars)
              Sure there will be many people who will be delighted to do this but im afraid im not one

(please no one say "Not this LAME argument again") cause its just a true statement and that is all
              Its not a true statement. 35 pounds? what's that American, 50 bucks? PTW is 30 dollars brainiac.

When were you told MP would be in the game? I knew that it wouldn't at least a month or two before it came out.

I find this post especially ironic considering how you've touted CtP here before.

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm
                Oh, you wanted more than a yes or no answer.

Seriously, yes, it will.

There will be:

User interface enhancements (stack commands, buttons for all actions, etc.)

8 new civs

1 New wonder

2 new units available to everyone

2 new building types

airfields, radar towers, outposts

New victory conditions (mainly geared for MP)

lots of scenarios and mods

better mod manager

and some other stuff I'm forgetting
                new trade screen, can see what is active when you click on the AI

new espionage screen

Comment

£35 - Woolworths
                  £35 - HMV

I dont make these prices up now gone down to £30 i think

And
                  When were you told MP would be in the game? I knew that it wouldn't at least a month or two before it came out.
                  YES!! but as you have even said here FIRAXIS still said it was going to be in Civ3 !!

I find this post especially ironic considering how you've touted CtP here before.
                  What is the exactly suppose to mean, I would love to know.
                  As you dont even know my involvment in CtP(2) this is a sillly thing to say.
                  I like CtP(2) TWO that is. MODDED ONLY. So any reference to Activision making a muck up of CtP2 on release is invalid (although I am mutually aware that they did this obviously)

SADLY due to the extremely POOR modding capabilites of Civ3 I still do not like the game
                  As if CtP2 had no modding capabilites or ones as crap as Civ3 then I would similarly dislike that game.
                  Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

£35 - Woolworths
                    £35 - HMV

I dont make these prices up now gone down to £30 i think
                    Whatever, it's 29.99 US at amazon and eb, which is quite a bit less than 35 pounds.

And

YES!! but as you have even said here FIRAXIS still said it was going to be in Civ3 !!
                    When did i say that?

All I know is that I knew that there would not be MP in the game at least a month before it came out. Are you saying that whatever is promised at a beginning of a games' lifecycle must be kept in the game? That's quite irrational. time constraints?

What is the exactly suppose to mean, I would love to know.
                    As you dont even know my involvment in CtP(2) this is a sillly thing to say.
                    Sorry, it was a guess, I'm not reading your posts on other forums, not worth my time.

I like CtP(2) TWO that is. MODDED ONLY. So any reference to Activision making a muck up of CtP2 on release is invalid (although I am mutually aware that they did this obviously)
                    How is that invalid? You were talking about promises broken by firaxis, I retorted with CtP(2) which was far worse off than Civ3 on release. And we haven't had to rely on crafty progrmmers to fix the problems that plagued CtP2.

SADLY due to the extremely POOR modding capabilites of Civ3 I still do not like the game
                    Did you actually buy a copy of the game, or have you just listened to what people have said? I have modded the game as I've pleased with no problems, as have others.

Comment

For single player it is worth it just to paly some of the new victory conditions and have fun with quiker games. Just puts a new spin on it. Kind of high priced but if you like civ it will give you more things to play around with and have some fun.

Comment

Warpstorm, hows the WWII scenario? Is there a punic wars scenario too?

Comment

To answer the original post, yes.

New civs. New UUs. New orders. New worker actions. More buildings and wonders. Better editor (did you want bombers with 256 range?).

A more advanced version of Civ3. <--- Period.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

So no new diplomatic options?
                            "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Working...
                            X