PtW Demo Game: Teams or Multi-Site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PtW Demo Game: Teams or Multi-Site?

A bit of confusion developed over the new PtW Demo Game. Markos thought that it would be an entirely within-site game, where small groups of people would break off into teams and each team would play a civ. A couple other people thought he meant a demo game against other civ forums. So what do you guys want?

Let me remind you that TF (the admin over at Civ Fanatics) said that he wanted to hold off on a multi-site demo game for a couple months, so Fanatica's membership is severely in question.
    Teams Within Apolyton (Secure Forum For Each Team)
    50.00%
    Multi-Site Game Against Other Forums (Minus CFC)
    50.00%

I say, in site teams then after a few months or after the first game maybe multisite (after we infiltrate them with loyal apolytonian citizens).

Comment

I was thinking it was going to be a multi-site deal. I suppose in-site games would be fun as well, but I would like to see THIS same group of citizens play against another online group of gamers.
      Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
      Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

I want a multiple-nation Apolyton game

wouldnt everyone love to have a war of two Apolyton's? test the mettle of two great SMC's like Uber Vs. Agie, two great diplomats (ahem, no name mentioning), and such?

i dunno, my opinion
        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Multi-site.

If we do teams, we'll have what, at most twenty members for teams? Where does that leave Demogamers who don't plan on buying the game but want to participate? With only twenty per team, their limited role would almost be a burdon on their team. I'd rather start off with multisite, and then when enough people have bought the game we can also start in-site games.

Remember, if we do an in apolyton game, there's no need for it to be a big issue. We all know each other, and we could always run one alongside a multi-site game. Granted, security will be tough in any multisite game, and we'll probably have to take a step backwards with many more things being via PM, but that's ok. We're all in it for fun, and think a larger game would be fun for more people -- at least at the start, when some won't have PtW.

-- adaMada
          Civ 3 Democracy Game:
          PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
          Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

How many teams would we have for a multi site? CFC won't be in the game (and why have 3 people said 'Poly teams but there's only 2 votes for it?). A multi-site game would take far too long to setup, and far too long to play, IMO. Like nz said, we should do a team game now, and a multi-site later on once we get to the nuances of doing a PtW Demo Game.

Comment

I'm not very interested in a team game, since the teams would have to be small and, quite frankly, I'm not sure I could pull my weight.

So, I would vote multi-site; however, I'm probably not gonna have the time for a MP Demogame soon anyway, especially if MOO3 sucks up the time I hope it will. So I'll sit out the poll; I just want to say that, regardless of whether a team game is set up, I do hope a multi-site game is developed as well. Heck, it could be up and running in a few months; just because CFC doesn't want to play immediately doesn't mean we can't set up the rules and be ready to go when they are.

Comment

here is an idea Timeline and I somehow conjured up in a jibberish-like chat

Why don't we just mix the two options?

If two or more factions of Apolyton want to form seperate nations, and Fanatics have two or more factions, why dont we just allow them to form those nations they desire?

So in this manner, we can have as many nations as the people can form (there may have to be some basic laws to the minimum needed people signed up to a nation), and we can have citizens from either forum playing in any nation.
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Why won't CFC be in the game? Have they said they won't?

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                    here is an idea Timeline and I somehow conjured up in a jibberish-like chat

Why don't we just mix the two options?

If two or more factions of Apolyton want to form seperate nations, and Fanatics have two or more factions, why dont we just allow them to form those nations they desire?

So in this manner, we can have as many nations as the people can form (there may have to be some basic laws to the minimum needed people signed up to a nation), and we can have citizens from either forum playing in any nation.
                    That was my original hope.

I don't see why we can't do all three.

Comment

Originally posted by Randolph
                      Why won't CFC be in the game? Have they said they won't?
                      Didn't you read my last sentence in my first post?

Comment

I'd like multiple Apolyton teams. It'd probably be easier to coordinate and whatnot, and could be pretty interesting.

Comment

I'm all for both, but I think this could couse trouble if we had both going at the same time. Say an in-site set of games alone would be fine, but they would all have to be done as soon as we moved to multi-site game.
                          This would be because there might be division amongst gamers who are currently playing each other AND THEN playing another site at the same time. Could cause internal bickering that wouldn't be healthy for the main game.

That make sense at all?

Comment

Interesting to see how strongly the Apolytinians want to fight under the Apolytonia flag. Esprit de corps. But we need training since no one has experienced the MP game; so the team contest within Apolytonia is a must.
                            Statistical anomaly.
                            The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DAVOUT
                              Interesting to see how strongly the Apolytinians want to fight under the Apolytonia flag. Esprit de corps. But we need training since no one has experienced the MP game; so the team contest within Apolytonia is a must.
                              True but I still think that team contests within Apolyton should all take place at the same time and end at the same time to not conflict with a multi-site game.

Comment

Working...
                              X