Instantaneous war weariness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instantaneous war weariness

Had a 'little' problem with war weariness lately.

In my game (Babylonians, monarch, large map, 12 Civs) there was a huge world war over the whole second half of the industrial age. When the war got bigger and bigger and it got obvious that it would take some time, I switched from Democracy to Absolutism (a custom gov, mostly the same as Monarchy with a few minor improvements) The war was really great. The AI did a quite good job (attacking my oversea supply lines with subs, starting amphibious attacks on my cities (I improved marines and inserted an amphibious light tank)) and it was a real challenge. One of my main opponents were the Japanese.
    At the end of the industrial age the world war cooled down and many of the different parties made peace. Although a few local conflicts between some of the AIs still smouldered, I myself had achieved a state of peace and reverted to Democracy.

A few turns later the Japanese blackmailed me for Rocketry. I ignored their threads and they declared war. And now the clue: When it came to my turn after the Japanese declaration of war, I had the worst case of war weariness i've ever encountered. All my cities were revolting, although I had Universal Suffrage.

WTF had happened?
    They declared war on me, the action had not yet started and everyone is singing the 'All we are saying, ...'-song!?

Did my cities accumulate war weariness during the world war, although I was in a gov, which doesn't have problems with it and now it broke through?

Anyone experienced similar things?

Re: Instantaneous war weariness

Yes, WW accumulates even under governments that do not suffer from it (it is still there, just it does not visibly affect anything). The moment you got back into the war, the accumulated WW burst out, as you were in Democracy... Your only option now is to switch back to Absolutism ASAP, finish the war and let the WW slowly fade off in a period of peace.

Comment

Thanks for your input, vondrack!

Luckily I'm playing the Babs. So the continued gov changing isn't that bad, but I have to keep this in mind for future games, when I don't play a religious civ.

Comment

Working...
      X