Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS thwarts attempted assassination!

Tassagrad Weekly
    Following a tip from an unnamed, reliable source, Shadow Service agents, led by the heroic Meshelic thwarted a diabolical scheme to assassinate newly elected President MrWhereItsAt and prominent members of his cabinet, one of whom barely escaped with his life.

The would-be assassins, who are now incarcerated and under heavy interrogation at Shadow Service headquarters in Tassagrad had been caught in the audience at the President's inauguration, brandishing weapons that have been traced back to the French city of Rheims.

In a statement to the press, Captain of the Guard Meshelic commented that "What we have found out is that these 'Frenchmen' sought to kill the President in retaliation for previous Apolyton victories in France years ago."

The French government refused to comment other than to request release of the prisoners for prosecution under French law. No word on when or if the Shadow Service plans to release them, as they will be held indefinitely until the S.S. has finished their questioning.

"I believe that it is not entirely impossible that these would-be assassins were sponsored by the French government to prevent the upcoming war that so many of our citizens have been calling for." Meshelic stated for the record. "It was fortunate that we got there in time."

The Shadow Service remains to be the foremost protector of the President and the most elite espionage unit in the world.
    Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
    Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Had to have fun with some roleplay.

Comment

I say BAH! to this

why can't we just call this war what it is? greedy expansionism!
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

ninot thanks for the vote of approval. I look forward to your continued support.

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic
          ninot thanks for the vote of approval. I look forward to your continued support.
          The first American war had an angle to it

the first French war had an angle to it

the Persian war just happened (and i suppose angles were thrown in?)

We are a global leader. France is piddly. In any case, our leaders have been plotting against theirs much longer than the other way around.

I believe this Tassagrad rag to be nothing but war propaganda, and false!
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Clearly the french are too depraved to live. Well we tried peace and they tried to kill us. Death the french.
            Aggie
            The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot

We are a global leader. France is piddly. In any case, our leaders have been plotting against theirs much longer than the other way around.
              Understood and I knew that as I wrote it. If we are going to war anyways then what is the problem with adding a little roleplay to the game? Man I didn't think having fun with something that was already set in stone was such a big problem. Obviously to you it is.

I believe this Tassagrad rag to be nothing but war propaganda, and false!
              Perhaps next time I'll instruct my agents to look the other way when they try to assassinate you

Lighten up on the bashing, eh? I don't insult anything you have to contribute

Comment

This is an act of WAR! The baby eating French must be cleansed from this earth. We cannot let these evil acts go unpunished.
                Duddha: I will return...
                Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
                "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
                Free California!

Comment

*Official Presidential spokesperson takes the stand

The President is preparing a speech on this matter and will respond to the press' questions in due time.

*She leaves the chorus of questions behind, sweeping out of the room
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic
                    Lighten up on the bashing, eh? I don't insult anything you have to contribute
                    He may be playing his role?
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

hmmm didn't think of that

but still....

without the BAH to this comment I wouldn't have had a prob

but eh it's all fun anyways in my opinion, no hard feelings.
                      Last edited by Meshelic; October 23, 2002, 01:43.

Comment

In a comment to the Press

followup in the Tassagrad Weekly
                        The Minister of City Planning was quoted as stating, "We we're lucky that they haven't gotten any of the new Gunpowder Weapons". He further repied with, "If this was an attempt by the French government, they should have waited, as they now have the new technology. They just need to aquire the needed Saltpeter Resource to make it effective". For the readers Information, France has two of the vital Saltpeter deposits, but have not attempted to make it readly available to their nation.
                        Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                        Worship the Comic here!
                        Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Damn! Foiled Again! Good thing I used those idiot Frenchmen. They're most likely dead already... so the SS has no proof...
                          "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
                          Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

[I] Official MoE statement:
                            "The unprovoked and brutal attacks on the Executive and Cabinet are despicable acts. Not only will the perpetrators be prosecuted to the fullest, but the root cause of this problem will be dealt with. While I have always been a fan of the French culture, this latest attempt on our lives, mine included, is unforgivable. I am taken aback and utterly ashamed of the condust of Joan of Arc. I'm throwing my full support into efforts to rectify this injustice done to us."
                            Minister of the Economy: Term IV, V
                            Ministre d'Économie: Session IV, V
                            Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people following me!
                            Même si je suis paranoïde, ça n'exige pas qu'il n'y a pas de gens qui me suivent!

Comment

Official MoS Statement

We in the cabinet are all outraged and dismayed at the most recent attack on our grand republic. All of our thoughts are on the situation. It is a troubling thing to think about what might have happened had these devious French succeded. We expect a full apology from the government of France, and a promise to crack down on these terrorist scum, without delay.
                              "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
                              Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

Working...
                              X