I messed up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I messed up...

I accedentally delted the art/terrain folder... i relaized this after applying an art mod, and i started up civ3 and it was all black cept the units and cities... so i looked in the folder... low and behold, i somehow delted the terrain folder... i checked the recylce bin, and i had already emptied it... sooo my question is... can some one email, pm, or attach the terrain folder... zipped up, so that i can just extract to back to the art directiory, so that i can play again.. thank you all,

Wes

Er, you do have the Civ3 CD, right? Just reinstall it. (If you have the patches currently installed, the file you downloaded the patch as should still be in your Civ3 directory.)

I'd send you mine, but there are two problems:

1) It's a tad large (30 MB-- no big difficulty for me, but I'm not sure about your end).
    2) It's of dubious legality. (Then again, half of it is modded graphics files done by Snoopy.)
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

I have cable so there is no problem, and i used almsot all of his modds anyways, so if you want to, i would love to get it from you... yes i acould reinstall but its a huge hassel (even bigger then this, to do that, as i change alot of things)... but if you would... i would love to get it from you...
      thanks,

Wes

Comment

It's not such a hassle. Windows take care of the more complicated things for you.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

You may want to try the following:

1. Reinstall to a different location.
          2. Copy and paste the missing folder to the original location.
          3. Delete all the newly installed files.

Not sure if it'll work, I'm hardly an expert.
          "God is dead." - Nietzsche
          "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

I don´t think that there´s an option to reinstall in a diff location, try:
            1. Move all your mods to a different location
            2. Reinstall
            3. Install the latest Patch
            4. Overwrite everything with your mods
            The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Sigh, ya thats what i eventually did (reinstalling), i just thought it would be WAY easier for soemoen to send em the terrain folder, but i guess not .... sooo, i jsut redid everything... thanx anyways... (the point was trying to fix this without reinstalling, but thats ok...)
              thanks anyways,

Wes

Comment

Working...
              X