Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else hate this change that was made?! Firaxis please change this back!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else hate this change that was made?! Firaxis please change this back!!!

When Firaxis changed the settling rule to only 2 food allowed where you settle your towns this changed the game completely for the bad because:

#1 Now it never pays to edit any resources to over 2 food because...

#2 Now it never pays to settle on a resource bonus because you cannot reap the full benefit.

#3 This has taken part of the fun out of finding cool places to settle your towns.

#4 The AI does not know this and wastes its resources by settling on them.

#5 If this was to prevent ICS would it not be better to not allow towns to cross and share boundaries???

#6 Now it never pays to edit resources period.

Please change back to the original settling rules!!!

You don't lose the resource bonuses when settling on them.
    "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
    --George Bernard Shaw
    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
    --Woody Allen

Comment

IMHO, what they did was just fine. I believe that by making the city tile yield two food irrespective of what it is, the city planning became MORE fun, since you are looking for a bad or mediocre tile with an above-average or superior neighbourhood. It also slightly balances the influence of the starting location out. Sure, it is not very smart to settle atop of bonus or resource tiles. So what? Move the city one tile away...

#5 is nonsense... you would end up with LOTS of space you would never be able to settle because of overlaps with existing cities.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with this.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by: vondrack
          IMHO, what they did was just fine. I believe that by making the city tile yield two food irrespective of what it is, the city planning became MORE fun, since you are looking for a bad or mediocre tile with an above-average or superior neighbourhood. It also slightly balances the influence of the starting location out. Sure, it is not very smart to settle atop of bonus or resource tiles. So what? Move the city one tile away...
          I couldn't agree more.

Comment

The point I could agree with is the AI that settles where it shouldn't.... But this is an AI problem, not the rule itself. In reality, settling somewhere will necessarily cost you some population. It's not that easy to settle.
            Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

I was unaware of this. I guess I should read the readme's more carefully. Although I think you guys make some interesting points on why this is a positive, I would prefer to play my own games with this change turned off. Is there a way to turn it off? IMHO, the reasons for the change are not very compelling.
              Brother Locus of the Peacekeepers

Comment

Working...
              X