CivII on Windows 2000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivII on Windows 2000?

Does anyone know of an issue on running CivII on Windows 2000? My Win9x machine crashed and died a couple of weeks ago wiping out my most recent Civ game and everything else for that matter, so I think no problem, just use the Windows 2000 machine. So I install Civ on it thinking I'll be back to playing in mere minutes but unfortunately Windows 2k won't run CivII. It says there is a problem in ir41.dll and the program must close.
    I can't find a fix (although I downloaded one off this site that may work, but after so many failures I'm not counting on it ) .

Has anyone else experienced this? What can I do?

This should solve it: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...threadid=20703
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Woohoo! Thanks a lot man, I was NOT looking forward to just playing CIV III. I think they $%###@# the series up a little on that one, imo.

Comment

I have win 2000 and no problems with any civ2 games
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

It's mainly just a driver problem, so not everyone will encounter it.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
          X