I hope I hope I hope!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope I hope I hope!!!

Puhleeze someone tell me that it's possible to name landmarks in CtP2....I been looking for some means to do it, but can't find anything yet.

Any of you vets know?

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

I don't think that is possible to graphically name stuff on screen via SLIC or anything else. But something like that could be done with messageboxes.

I actually intend to do something along those lines in the mod I'm working on (if I ever get round to it).

Do want this as a game feature or to use for your AAR?
    Shores Of Valinor.com - The Premier Tolkien Community -

Comment

I was thinking that it'd make a *smokin* game feature....the ability to add mountain ranges and forests would really add atmosphere to an already outstanding game!

-=Vel=-
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Alas, not even the most ugly dumbass workaround will enable this to be done. There isn't even a LocationClicked function
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

This was suggested before. No, luck with it
          "Kill a man and you are a murder.
          Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
          Kill all and you are a God!"
          -Jean Rostand

Comment

Actually, it might be possible, it just means having a tile that you can't travel through. [/cryptic]
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

This is stretching beyond the bounds of plausibility, but...
              Make a cartographer unit which founds cities of size zero with no sprite?

Comment

That was suggested alrea J but will mess up the city status and manager
                -Jean Rostand

Comment

not if they're barbarian cities... Set to unattackable.

Comment

But them comes the border and impossibility to move to problem

I feel such a kill-joy.
                    -Jean Rostand

Comment

I was thinking no-ZOC barbarian units with no sprites, which gave you a message on clicking them.

Comment

How about.....

A tile improvement that costs 0PW and adds nothing to food, commerce, or production and can be renamed in some way?

-=Vel=-

Comment

tileimp names dont show up on the map and there is no way to define names from inside the game, either

Comment

Then all we need is one tileimp for each possible name, and include the name in the picture. That shouldn't be too hard .

Comment

...and take away the ability to pillage it.
                              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                              ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Working...
                              X