Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 copies of CtP 2 and 3 copies of official CtP 2 guide. Ask Markos for more, he holds the prizes and expenses, I hold the contest.

------------------
    Solver the "Running Beer" - http://www.aok.20m.com
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Can't we just say from week X to week Y is when the compo is held - during that time people read the threads and at the end, they nominate their favourite thread and poster...?
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Whats so big about a CTP2 strategy guide? The only strategy involved requires returning the game

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Saddam on 05-15-2001 11:03 PM
          Whats so big about a CTP2 strategy guide? The only strategy involved requires returning the game

LOL. Many a true word is spoken in jest, eh!
          “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
          - Anon

Comment

The game doesn't worth a damn.
            If you don't have it and win it you will drop it after the first single game you will play.
            If you have it you will have already dropped it so what's the guide for?

One thing accually remains. Fun!
            So have fun role playing and let the prises aside .

Comment

Nice idea Mobius.

------------------
              Solver the "Running Beer" - http://www.aok.20m.com

Comment

I wonder what happened here.
                It wasn't a bad idea at all!

Comment

I agree, it was a nice idea and now that the BB has been updated so much easier to do.

I think Role-Playing is very important in PBEM which can, otherwise, become incredibly dull when you are often waiting several days for a Turn. It adds fun and, win or lose, that is what it is all about.

Another very good indicator is the new 'Visits' Count which shows how important 'Fun Threads' are to attracting new Players and keeping old ones interested.

Of current Games 'High Voltage', 'Fast' and 'LC?' are way ahead in the visit count which must mean that not only are the actual Player's concerned interested but also that other users enjoy reading the accounts Posted.

Prizes and Awards are not important but anything that can be done to attract and retain interest is.
                  “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                  - Anon

Comment

I agree with St Jon and I will add that a good role playing increases the turn speed greatly and keep it moving always with minimum stuck.

Comment

I suggess that we establih first a list of game with interesting role-play.

I propose "Teamhorse".
                      Zobo Ze Warrior
                      --
                      Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

OK since you've got to be in it to win it, I propose 'Love Conquers' and 'Swissy 2'...

I also enjoyed the old 'Semi Acc' and 'Demos' games - the threads are on the archives if you dig back far enough...

Let's get this ball rolling, if not for the prizes then the kudos for winning!

Comment

After reading swissy2 I agree with Mobius
                          I say Swissy2 is the best reading. Without a doubt..... An excellent chronology and story line. Precisly detailed and great real-life 'propaganda'.

Its like a soap-opera that never gets dull !

1) Wales invades Eygpt, Australia invades eygpt.
                          2)Rome and eygpt counter-attack on wales and pound her into the dirt
                          3)Rome and Eygpt appear to be on the edge of victory, But the Australians are the wild card.

Tho from what ive read, ive got my money on Mobius and Rick .. although only mobius knows whether i am right or not. It would seem that Wales is on the last legs.

Anyway, Swissy2 wins it hands down! Acc and dutcheese are great reads also.

Comment

although only mobius knows whether i am right or not. It would seem that Wales is on the last legs.

Anyway, Swissy2 wins it hands down! Acc and dutcheese are great reads also.
                            Thanx for the words of support, Saddam

Wales is still a potent force to be reckoned with, which is why Rome has offered the olive branch of peace...!

Comment

This was closed.

Comment

Working...
                              X