An Unfullfilling Evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Unfullfilling Evening

I sat in the Sumerian Lounge for the better part of an hour, tugging on Trouser legs, asking for someone to play with me that I may Skewer them with Pikes, and pepper them with Musket Balls, but my overtures went unheard, and so I waited until I saw another of the Shunned create a game and in I went, smiling gleefully at the prospect of an evenings entertainment... An indeed within an hour out game the Oike which I waved cheerfully to my Competitor, asking them to feel the keeness of its edge, and they damned went and Logged off.....

Okay so I shun them too, so now whats a guy, who plays reasonably well supposed to do to get an evenings entertainment? I'm not known to the elite, or regulars on here, yet I play too well for the cry and go homes..So someone give me a damned game.....Please!!
    He's back after a fashion...

Okay - sorry, I realise that I have posted on the wrong board...I'll and pirate my own trade routes, enslave my owen settlers bla bla...I'll find the land of the shunned (known as youngbloods), offer myself as a sacrifice, and where a geeky hat and have teeth extensions fitted...Oh it's a cruel world

Comment

What is your gl name, and do you use it online?
      I go by blackice, I am generally in the cali server look for me we will game. Did you let people know you are gl? Did you tell them you are a newbie? You will find there are tons of seasoned players looking for fresh meat Beware though if you have not player human opponents online it is quite different. These seasoned players look for rookies for a reason

Blackice

“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
      Or do we?

Comment

Blackice, just registered with GL after reading your response - I am Gavrushka in the GL . I have played PBEM and online - always coming out on top - Thats what irritates me - As soon as I get ahead the others log off - I've never played against anyone decent, so I don't know if I am Crap, Mediocre, or good - If you, or anyone want to kick my ass, tell me where and when, and I'm there!

Gavrushka

Comment

How about tonight?
          If not email me lets set up a time.
          Good gaming hope to play you soon.
          Your problem with quiting players has ended now you are gl, they quit they lose. The more you win the more games you play as everyone wants a piece of your... er points simple huh?

blackice
          “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
          Or do we?

Comment

Well tell me how boring it is now

Good game
            Or do we?

Comment

Lol yes a very entertaining game Quinns
              Or do we?

Comment

I think I have a GL account (my normal nick-name I think) - but how? I do not have 4-6-8-10 hours for a game at any day at all????
                First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

How about TWO hours Birdman? That's about all I can squeeze in twice a week. But you end up playing a lot of turns in those two hours, (then just save it and continue at a later date). It's a good chance to try out different theories against good players. Usually these games are one-on-one and that makes it easier to set a time to continue with just two players involved.

Comment

Yes exactly Quinns, The Bird Man I can spare and hour or two, Quinns and I can finish a game in a few weeks. If you have a hour or so email either of us a time see you online.

Or do we?

Comment

Thanks for the info,

I have actually just joined GL 9hours ago. I already knew about gl but I did not know what it meant until I met a guy called Nacho who was about to start a GL game. He explained where i could go to join and so now I am a member maybe I will be able to play some games at last.
                      Unfortunately the process took me too long to be able to join in Nacho's game which had already started when I got back.

Thanks Nacho

Comment

I am also a new visiter to the ctp multiplayer. I went there for the first time last week and I must have started 4 different games, most were abandoned. I always ended up being the host playing on my own. Maybe we should start up some sort of gamers club, where we can meet at pre-arranged times and actually play for a couple of hours on the same game. (Hopefully quite a bit Longer)At least this way we can find out why people have dropped out.

Comment

Join Game league
                          Or do we?

Comment

Yes. Join Game League it works pretty well... no dropped games or their rating goes down. Blackice is a good player... BUT I'M NOT DEAD YET, OH BLACKICE OF THE ROMANS!

Game League Link: http://gameleague.megaultra.com/

Be careful though, this internet play is a HUGE time waster... but fun!

Comment

I'm going to have a vell deserved vacation (HOME) from the 30. april and 3 weeks ahead.

Well - vacation. I have to help my wife with her work, but this will certainly not take all the day

Think we could make a try then..... Just have to find out with who.
                              First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                              X